Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
55,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has received a doubles WC for $50H in Biella, Italy (week of 22nd Sep) and the organizers are trying to make her play singles :eek: :eek: :eek:

Still thinking of what's more surprising, a top 25 player playing ITF or this girl playing doubles :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: sylvain

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,291 Posts
I don't know what's the problem of Pistolesi playing doubles in challenger. She hasn't got a doubles ranking, so she has to start somewhere and she probably thinks she has more chances on a challenger on clay than in Leipzig on carpet. And if you think that she can't play doubles, she played 3 doubles matches at Fed Cup this year and won all of them.

24,828 Posts
AnnaK_Fan said:
I don't know what's the problem of Pistolesi playing doubles in challenger. She hasn't got a doubles ranking, so she has to start somewhere and she probably thinks she has more chances on a challenger on clay than in Leipzig on carpet. And if you think that she can't play doubles, she played 3 doubles matches at Fed Cup this year and won all of them.
Don't remind me :awww:

· Registered
7,517 Posts
polishprodigy said:
If she is playing doubles, she might as well play singles too :rolleyes:
Is Anna even allowed to play a 50K singles event? I'm pretty sure she is in the top 20 or a couple of spots away from it. Glad to see she is committed to doing well in doubles though, it can only help her game...

· Registered
3,393 Posts
I think that's fine that she plays doubles at the challenger level...if you think about it she's helping out some other girl as well...so its not completly selfish. She's probably using this as a vaction as well...like Justine did when she played Waikoloa in 2001.

5,291 Posts
Tennisace said:
I think that's fine that she plays doubles at the challenger level...if you think about it she's helping out some other girl as well...so its not completly selfish. She's probably using this as a vaction as well...like Justine did when she played Waikoloa in 2001.
Anna lives in Italy ;)

· Banned
596 Posts
polishprodigy said:
If she is playing doubles, she might as well play singles too :rolleyes:

Good luck Anna!
for a TOP 20 to play singles in challengers,
she needs a lotta guts,
remember Martina Muller's loss in 10K?
that is a pretty big hit in her confidence,
so dont think she should do that
coz i she loses, it's gonna be one big confidence dip

i dont think she should even consider playing doubles here though,
she should play some low tier doubles, it's just too weird to see her here

also, the way she holds up her ranking by "playing to she drops",
and the fact that she is a counter puncher, i dont see
any point for her trying to play doubles,
if she starts playing doubles, i believe her ranking will start to decline.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.