Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
True. I like Venus' and Hingis' backhands alot, but I'm not even sure theirs is as aggressive as Maria Sharapova's. Hingis' might be better in variety. Venus' is probably a little deeper, but Maria Sharapova's is simply deadly.:eek: I don't know how she gets such good arm extension on it.

I'm sitting in front of my television trying to mimic it. Maybe it's the ponytail.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
No - you are correct, Sharapova's technique on her backhand is textbook perfect. You can thank Robert Lansdorp for that.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,149 Posts
Because .. she is a natural lefty..

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,625 Posts
Yup she hits it a lot from the left hand. I agree it is incredible, she just gets her whole body into it and has perfect timing!

·
King
28,799 Posts
I still think Vee's is better though esp on the run and down the line maybe its close to Vee's cross court wise but Id still tske Vee's

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Hingis' backhand was totally off today, I think almost all her winners were with the forehand.. but usually it is much better than that, for example against Davenport it was on fire!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Her backhand crosscourt is amazing.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
yeah its textbook shot:yawn:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
yeah her backhand was on fire today!

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
pcrtennis said:
Venus' has a better backhand.period.

Venus's backhand is more powerful and more of a weapon, but from a technique point of view, Maria's is superior

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
oh god why bring venus into this i want to savour for once maria's huge improvement in all of her game and the fact that she played so well, maria treated the surface like it was on grass and that shows how good she was firing on a slower surface!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
The BH was really special today esp on the returns :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts