·
Premium Member
19,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Lindsay!!! On too a third set.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Stupid rain delays. They shouldn't let players get coached during delays. I bet Sharapova's mafiosa looking father threatened her life if she lost this match.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Maria did fight her way back in. Lindsay was up 3-1 in the second set. I think once Maria calmed her nerves, so was able to better play her game.

·
Premium Member
19,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, but this is not the first time Lindsay has lost her focus. She does this time and time again and she could be leading in the points and all of the sudden has a meltdown.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Rain delay totally fucked her up.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Maria is doing a better job of exploiting Davey's terrible movement...gosh she is slow...

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Even if the rain delay threw Lindsay off her game, that isn't Maria's fault. Lindsay has been a pro for a long time. She is a three-time GS champion. She knows the score far better than Maria does. So she should be able to concentrate better.

Having said that, the match is in a third set. Lindsay can and should still win this match.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Its over now, watch Sharapova totally dominate the 3rd set. Uggghhhhhhh I don't want this girl in the final.

·
Premium Member
19,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
apoet29 said:
Even if the rain delay threw Lindsay off her game, that isn't Maria's fault. Lindsay has been a pro for a long time. She is a three-time GS champion. She knows the score far better than Maria does. So she should be able to concentrate better.

Having said that, the match is in a third set. Lindsay can and should still win this match.
I agree. good luck Lindsay!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Shit, Maria just broke. This is a nightmare, Lindsay is so fragile mentally. I can't see her coming back from this...

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Sharapova is giving her a fight and that's really good. This match should've been over long ago but the girl didn't give up. She's done well to stay in this match. She deserves some respect for that.

Reactions: adss

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
henree said:
Shit, Maria just broke. This is a nightmare, Lindsay is so fragile mentally. I can't see her coming back from this...
Three Grand Slams of her singles titles and she's mentally fragile??? Come on!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Its over now, typical Lindsay, plays great in earlier rounds and fizzles in the later rounds, I'm not taking anything away from Maria's great play but this seems to be Lindsay's MO lately.:sad:

·
Premium Member
19,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WF4EVER said:
Yep. Lindsay is mentally fragile at times. She should of kept her focus during the rain delay. This reminds me of Justine upsetting Capriati here.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
WF4EVER said:
Thank you! Of course, if Maria does win this match, no one will count it! :rolleyes: The haters will say oh, if it hadn't been for that rain delay or Lindsay's meltdown, Maria wouldn't have won. How pathetic.:mad:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts