Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...According to Johnny Mac.

If his ankle was that bad, was it even worth playing the tournament? Wouldn't he be wrecking his ankle even more?

Heck, this is all hindsight speculation. Still believe he choked last year's fiinal away.

Hope things go his way this year! Time for a New Balls to take a crown again!

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
and how many injections did he have this year? please say it's 90! please! please! :p

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TC, what annoys you about Mosquito?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
all the buzzing in my ear and the blood-sucking.

you?

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually like his clay court game.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
so do i. he plays very well.

and i hope the Jerk crushes him like a gnat.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:confused:

Okay, is it his cockiness? Something else? The Sushi Contingent on the board?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
we all have faves and non-faves. why should i explain my preferences? i've never asked anyone to rationalise their emotional responses to any particular player. i just accept that some of us have players we adore and others we just don't. call it emotional resonance. or lack thereof.

as for the Sushi Contingent, i've decided to put their prime irritant on Ignore. i never realised just how many posts that would entail! amazing! :eek:

but enuf of this serious shit. i'd much rather make you laugh...:p

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And you did :D

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
can someone xplain the whole sushi ting again plaese?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Dr. Scotso said:
TC, wishing physical harm to players is going a bit too low.
i meant my expressions figuratively. it's no different from wishing that someone would Peel the Potato. it's not wishing him harm; it's wishing he would lose!

as a formerly injured tennis player myself -- i could not play tennis for a year and a half bec of a rotator cuff injury -- i never ever wish players physical harm, and i would never gloat if someone got injured. not even if it was the Potato. who by the way looked as if he was close to tears watching his girlfriend lose a match she definitely should have won. for a brief moment i found my heart softening towards him.

i'm sure i'll get over it by Wimbledon. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts