Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NEPSIC (New England Prep School Invitational Championship) is this Saturday and I qualified for the singles event! 600 people are eligible at the start of the year and it basically gets narrowed down to 16 people, all in the draw. There's some very stiff competition there. The top seed is #100 in the country, the #2 seed is a top 5 junior in New England, and the #3 seed is one of the top juniors in Thailand. I drew Chris Innes in the first round who is about 35 in New England 18s and I play the top seed if I get through that.

The tournament is held at Choate Rosemary Hall this Saturday (rain date Sunday) in Wallingford, CT (10 minutes away from where the Pilot Pen is). If you live w/in a reasonable drive, GO TO THE TOURNAMENT! It really is a fun event and the tennis is very high quality.

Here's the link to the draw-http://www.choate.edu/sports/neita

Scroll down and there will be a link to the draw. My name is Mac Ackerman.

Hope to see somebody there lol...peace

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
wow congrats dude! maybe we'll be cheering you on in these boards one day! =D

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Well, as some of you know, Choate Rosemary Hall is my high school that I attend (yes I live 10 min from the Pilot Pen :bounce:) and I will attend the thing for sure. BTW, what school do you attend Mac? Im looking forward to meeting you there :D:wavey:

·
Registered
35,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh wow I totally forgot you go to Choate. I'm a junior at Westminster right now. Thanks a lot for coming on Saturday though. Just so you know, you should prob come for the first match because it's prob 50/50 if I get through that. The quarterfinals...I don't know, the goal is just to not get bageled there :eek:

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
lol, we were actually supposed to be playing ur school today (obviously, im not on Varsity :eek:) but it was rained out. You said that you know Mark, Karl, and Osorio right? You meet Elliot, our number 1?

Yea, i guess i will be pretty early cause I have plans with my Choatie friends later in the day. Except it is supposed to rain both Sat and Sun :mad:. I hope the forecast is wrong tho (they are a lot of the times :eek:)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Good Luck!! :)

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
I believe the number one player is Ned Samulson right? He goes to my school and is #1 in NE:wavey: . He is a tennis psycho!:eek: Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
35,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ned Samuelson isn't even playing. I don't even know why...maybe he thinks it's a waste of time :eek: The top seed is Jon Hoak.

LOL at the profile...they're all like that on the site
;)

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
They are Hard Courts (Decoturf or sumthing i think :eek:) joaco.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
first of all "nice"man, brang, I don't think, is a word. did you mean to say brag? Also, I don't think a male can compete in a WTA tourney :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
goodluck.

i'm interested with the results.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts