Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was by retirement ;) But still, she got to the 2nd round of something, a rarit. She beat Marie Gaiane Mikaelian 6-2 2-0 ret. That means she defended her 2nd round points in Leipzig. It should get awfully difficult from here though. Quarterfinal points at I think Linz and Zurich (and qualified in both of those as well) and then finalist points at Filderstadt. She beat some huge names in these tourneys too so thats more points coming off. Still, a win is a win and I'm sure Alex will take one any way she can get. Good luck in the next round!

· Registered
26,200 Posts
:worship: That girl can win???? Now I know that.... Wow!!

Reactions: anton

· Registered
4,055 Posts
wow, go Alex.. at this rate, she can win a grand slam match come January

· Registered
11,065 Posts
Bradshaw#1 said:
It was by retirement ;) But still, she got to the 2nd round of something, a rarit. She beat Marie Gaiane Mikaelian 6-2 2-0 ret. That means she defended her 2nd round points in Leipzig. It should get awfully difficult from here though. Quarterfinal points at I think Linz and Zurich (and qualified in both of those as well) and then finalist points at Filderstadt. She beat some huge names in these tourneys too so thats more points coming off. Still, a win is a win and I'm sure Alex will take one any way she can get. Good luck in the next round!
i think she made the final of linz, not filderstadt, which is probably better for her because it was a weaker tournament. i'm pretty sure she lost henin in linz, and clijsters and hantuchova played the final of filderstadt.

· Registered
7,256 Posts
I'm in shock!! :eek:

She's not my fave, but it's always nice to see someone who's beeing consistently losing to win a match. Hope she can use the momentum gained here. :)

· Registered
2,151 Posts
IT WAS A RETIREMENT-Who knows what the score line would have been if Marie whatever her name is was healthy. I expect Stevenson will lose 6-2 6-1 in the next round and then continue her losing streak. That is unless her mother pulls a Tonya Harding on her opponents which I guessing is coming soon

· Registered
17,738 Posts
You know I was going to post something asarky about this result, but I dont think I can be bothered even for Alex.

· In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
Wow, she'll take the win though, been a long time since she's had a 'W' in the scorebooks.......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.