Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, TOP President
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG! that was such bad scoring! with all due respect to the russians, sale and pelletier is or should have been a runaway winner.

tsk, tsk, tsk ...

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
there are no words to describe this...

·
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exactly ...

and that was such a shame that the chines pair couldn't hold on that landing of the quadruple salchow

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Appalling.

I'm so totally annoyed right now.

Anyone who watched those programs and honestly thinks the Russians deserved it over the Canadians obviously wasn't watching the same program I was :fiery:

Frankly if it was the other way around, I'd be willing to admit that my country only won because of block judging.

But its not, and once again, my countrymen are the best - and its still not good enough.

·
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have to agree ...

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
The color of the medal is all that will be left of it in one month time.
I am glad this team finally won it.. :wavey:

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Anybody know when the judges will also be getting their gold medals for pairs??

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
i agree the judges won them the medal... their program may of have been a bit more difficult but they messed up like 4 times atleast and jamie and david got robbed and thats all there is too it.. they got the standing ovation and the announcers agreed how contriversial this win is for the russians

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
So what.. I still remember the figure skating championships in Colorado Springs in 1981 (?) when a Russian pair was robbed in favor of more popular Babylonia/Gardner.. So what.. Babylonia/Graner are still heroes. No one really remembers Cherkasova/Chakhrai..

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Becca said:
angele87 - I'm not sure but I hope they get them soon, so we can strangle them with them :D
Congratulations Becca... you drew the first half, ok quarter smile out of me since this mess... thank you!

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,467 Posts
[email protected]!

I think the judges have a huge case full of pairs gold medals by now ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have to say it was too close to call for a viewer, especially like me. Well I remember Michelle Kwan skated, at the time people thought it was a 'clean' program at '98, turned out to have mistakes that cost her the gold. I think Sale and Pelletier skated better in a previous competition, I don't remember which, than today. They didn't sell the program as well as they did before but today was still lovely. Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze artistry was stunning.

A couple of years ago, Shen and Xhao skated a 'clean' program at Worlds, and Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze had a Fall but still won. There is just something special about the Russians.

I wonder if Dick Button had commented today, he would have given more critique on programs for me to judge.

I wished Shen held on to the the Quad Salchow to make the rankings even more interesting. The fall hurt both the technical and Artistic marks. If She had landed, It would be very interesting how the judges rank the Technical marks.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I wonder if the judges this year have decided to give Bourne & Kraatz a medal yet. Maybe they'll actually allow them to win the bronze this year, just to quiet some of all this criticism they're getting.

:rolleyes:

Actually though, it'll be interesting to see if the ice dancing is actually a bit more fair this year, especially after the Sale/Pelletier controversy, instead of the judges previously deciding who'll win the medals like in the past. They've made a few changes, and lets see if for once, those who deserve the medals will get them. And even if that means a Russian sweep, it will be acceptable as long as they truly deserved it. I just want to see a fair competition.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Yes, it will be a Russian sweep, but one of the golds will be coloured in French colours, but will still have a Russian origin.

Go Marina Anisina!:bounce:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts