Tennis Forum banner

Who deserves a Wild Card into Tokyo Olympics? (4 votes)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tokyo Olympics

You must select 4 options. You can vote for yourself. Everyone can vote.

Let us know why you deserve one WC
@Joseosu19 @Pierre. @bud887 @KcUSA83 @Bartek98 @goOudinUSA @Lazar. @longtin23

Doubles Entry List

1. (1) Miranda Frost/Piper Elliot (SWE#1) (1+9=10)
  2. (2) Elliot Carebear/Bianka Harlow (GER) (9+3=12)
  3. (3) Jennifer Casanova/Ginger Moon (USA) (4+18=22)
  4. (4) Anastasia Nemayeva/Oksana Mikhailova (RUS) (5+22=27)
  5. Sienna Campbell/Fleri Hingisafrilia (AUS) (13+15=28)
  6. Shaitan Reinga/Isidora Islewood (NZL) (16+16=32)
  7. Anete Karklina/Zanna Ozollapa (LAT) (7+37=44)
  8. Xhakalinda Saikikimbondwe/Ragna-Anniken Bjarnsdottir (SWE#2) (11+33=44)
  9. Zivka Zabokrecina/Milena Zivkovic (SRB) (22+44=66)
  10. Kiki Krajicek/Fatima Sluijter (NED) (25+44=69)
  11. Ericely Xuchini/Misty Naranja (PHI) (6+100=106)
  12. Kathleen Pryde-Degman/(CP) Alison Tan (SGP) (13+100=113)
  13. WC #1
  14. WC #2
  15. WC #3
  16. WC #4

Wild Card candidates:
  1. Giuseppina Benedetti/(CP) Francesca Schiavone (ITA) (19+100=119)
  2. Yukika Kitahara/(CP) Momoko Kobori (JPN) (20+100=120)
  3. Ariana Salvatore/(CP) Luisa Stefani (BRA) (21+100=121)
  4. Mervana Jugic Salkic-Dzumhur/(CP) Dea Herdzelas (BIH) (24+100=124)
  5. Alize Lepar/(CP) Oceane Dodin (FRA) (26+100=126)
  6. Maria Abdiakova/(CP) Alena Kobayeva (UZB) (27+100=127)
  7. Magdalena Malygina/(CP) Anett Kontaveit (EST) (28+100=128)
  8. Yanina Ma/(CP) Eudice Chong (HKG) (29+100=129)

Deadline: 3 days from this post (Friday around 22h GMT)

Reactions: S-T-E-V-E

·
Registered
506 Posts
Lepar would like to get one of the WC's cause, she's new in this game as most of you know. She started at the beggining of the year so she is a total newbie but she showed few times that she can be a dangerous one for the rest of the tour. Especially in doubles, where she really is on some kind of fire, and already reached few finals and even snatch titles which is really great. She would like to participate in doubles cause she feels better playing doubles than singles, her game suits doubles matches more, and also she would like to represent her country as good as she can, and try to win a medal.

·
Premium Member
65,662 Posts
Why isn't Marteena in the pool?
I see that AUS has three players but she misses out and she is one of our most seasoned players and deserves it, IMHO

Reactions: Buitenzorg

·
Milk and honey
4,183 Posts
Kitahara requesting WC:

I don’t like the word “deserve” to be honest, I won’t lie and say that I deserve it over others, or that I deserve it at all. Honestly, I’ve not been too active lately. I have been juggling priorities and this hasn’t come out near the top. That said, as the only Japanese player I do feel it’s good to have a home representative of some sort at the games, and for me personally the Olympics, in any game, is my favourite event of the TT calendar when it happens. I don’t know if I’ll still be around playing here by the time the next olympics comes about so this could be my only opportunity. When I did play full time, and even then I missed many events, I was close to the top 20, and in doubles I’m a slam finalist and former top ten player. If I’m lucky enough to get chosen I promise I will send and try to bring some home fans joy and revenue for the event so we can all earn lots of prize money 😉 thanks! 🌺

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
"Dear fans, I would like to inform you I will not be requesting a WC to play Doubles in Tokyo next week. After much thought, I came to the conclusion I am not at my best physically and it wouldn't be fair to take one spot someone else. Was super excited to partner Luisa this time around but I am sure this was the right decision. Representing my country is always an honour and you can follow me on Singles and Mixed Doubles events playing for team Brazil. See you next week. Be safe, wear masks. - Ari"
Ariana Salvatore on Twitter 7min ago

·
Registered
31,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see that AUS has three players but she misses out and she is one of our most seasoned players and deserves it, IMHO
She didn't commit/pick a player

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I voted for Ariana so can i change my vote?

·
63,817 Posts
Wow, only 7 teams with no computer or junior players?

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Yanina on requesting a WC:

I remember I first played in the London Olympics 9 years ago, with my compatriot Chantel. We enjoyed our Olympic experience and won a bronze medal. It was truly a memorable moment and one of my biggest career highlight. Now Chantel has left the tour, and I came back as a mother, I do really hope to carry on our dreams, and to win the another medal for team Hong Kong.

Eudice is a excellent junior player, and she is as exciting as myself that we can have a chance to get a WC. I do really hope I can use my experience to nurture a next gen Hong Kong player as well through playing this kind of big matches.

·
Premium Member
65,662 Posts
Yanina joined Xhaka on the mum train :love:

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
“Well to be quite honest, I totally understand anyone’s choice, as I think it’s difficult to quantify what is deserving of a wildcard. I suppose my arguments would be that I’ve won 4 women’s doubles grand slams, including Wimbledon a few weeks ago, and was a former #1 ranked doubles player. I’m the highest ranked player that didn’t make the automatic qualifiers.

I’ve always prized competing for my country, and was devastated last olympics when I was a match from the medal rounds and lost in a tiebreaker. Unfortunately without Regla Torres, Silvana Fabiani, nor Annalise Benedetti to team with me, I have to admit that medaling will be difficult, but I’d like the chance.

Finally, regardless of how you feel about me (and I’m sure there’s quite the range), you have to admit I have the ability to bring energy to an event.

Good luck to all candidates.”

-Giuseppina Benedetti (ITA)

·
Registered
9,989 Posts
Thanks for the support...I'm flattered :)

Am a bit unsure how it all works to be honest....thought that being Australia's top ranked doubles player I'd be able to play but guess not.

At least Marteena has had a great Olympics games before I suppose.

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some players didn't vote for themselves and some players vote only for themselves :censored:😂

You may wanna vote @SRB Analyst @matthias

·
Registered
31,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Results (tennisfan102 removed):
WC1 - Giuseppina Benedetti/(CP) Francesca SchiaWvone (ITA) (19+100=119) - 18 votes
WC2 - Alize Lepar/(CP) Oceane Dodin (FRA) (26+100=126) - 15 votes
WC3 - Mervana Jugic Salkic-Dzumhur/(CP) Dea Herdzelas (BIH) (24+100=124) - 14 votes
WC4 - Maria Abdiakova/(CP) Alena Kobayeva (UZB) (27+100=127) - 13 votes

Alternates:
Yukika Kitahara/(CP) Momoko Kobori (JPN) (20+100=120) - 12 votes
Yanina Ma/(CP) Eudice Chong (HKG) (29+100=129) - 11 votes
Magdalena Malygina/(CP) Anett Kontaveit (EST) (28+100=128) - 9 votes

Reactions: S-T-E-V-E
1 - 19 of 19 Posts