Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,025 Posts
Good riddance. No cheaters in sports, please!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
There are some dodgy dealings at FINA. How someone can walk away with a 3 month ban after destroying evidence is unbelievable. This is a good outcome that shouldn't have needed to go through CAS in the first place.

·
52,171 Posts
what this says to me is that FINA is either corrupt or extremely incompetant I mean the "punishment" fina dealt was a joke and wada sent this to CAS where it received the justified punishment

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
There are some dodgy dealings at FINA. How someone can walk away with a 3 month ban after destroying evidence is unbelievable. This is a good outcome that shouldn't have needed to go through CAS in the first place.
I thought the 3 month ban was for the initial screening of a prohibited substance for some condition (like Sharapova). The destruction of samples was in 2018

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
That Aussie swimmer must be feeling justified having taken such a firm stance against Sun all this time ?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I thought the 3 month ban was for the initial screening of a prohibited substance for some condition (like Sharapova). The destruction of samples was in 2018
You're right, I got the incidents confused. He took a banned heart medication in 2014 and was given a 3 month ban by the Chinese Federation. The hammer to the sample was in 2018 and FINA gave him only a warning but no provisional ban. It allowed him to compete at the World Championships in which he won gold medals.

The way FINA handled it calls into question its integrity. Not sure if it's in its remit but given the way it was mishandled, CAS should have stripped him of those medals as well.

FINA should issue an apology to Mack Horton after threatening to discipline him for not sharing the podium with Sun.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
:cheer: vindication.

Twitter is a goldmine for 2 day old accounts defending the cheat and saying western imperialism is the true corruption of this situation

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
You're right, I got the incidents confused. He took a banned heart medication in 2014 and was given a 3 month ban by the Chinese Federation. The hammer to the sample was in 2018 and FINA gave him only a warning but no provisional ban. It allowed him to compete at the World Championships in which he won gold medals.

The way FINA handled it calls into question its integrity. Not sure if it's in its remit but given the way it was mishandled, CAS should have stripped him of those medals as well.

FINA should issue an apology to Mack Horton after threatening to discipline him for not sharing the podium with Sun.
FINA embarrassed themselves in their response.

by the way, read this article and weep.

This was written a few days before the ban.

·
Registered
19,523 Posts

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Welp, there goes his career down the swimming pool drain.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
FINA embarrassed themselves in their response.

by the way, read this article and weep.

This was written a few days before the ban.
Yeah #CaufieldGrammar trending for all the wrong reasons ?

·
Registered
15,781 Posts
Au revoir! Enjoy your 8 year ban ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts