20. Yoshie Onda JPN
21. Roxana Luca ROM

22. Viktoria Volchkova RUS
23. Vanessa Giunchi ITA
24. Sylvia Fontana ITA
25. Galina Maniachenko UKR
26. Laetitia Hubert FRA
27. Sarah Meier SUI

well if Kwan skates clean, there's no doubt these judges are placing her ahead of Irina:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Good luck to:
Fumie Suguri
Sarah Hughes
Tatiana Malinina
Elena Liashenko
Vanessa Gusmeroli
Maria Butyrskaya
Irina Slutskaya
Michelle Kwan
Yoshie Onda
Viktoria Voltchkova
and Laetitia Hubert!!!!!

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
Hingiswinsthis said:
well if Kwan skates clean, there's no doubt these judges are placing her ahead of Irina:rolleyes:
And? so what? Anyways I am very happy with the draw. I just wish Sarah and Fumie had been later in the draw but before Michelle of course. lol I can't wait till Tuesday!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Of all the favorites, I hope they place in this order:

Gold - Michelle Kwan (USA)
Silver - Sarah Hughes (USA)
Bronze - Maria Butyrskaya (RUS)

As you can see I've excluded Sasha "Headhunter" Cohen. :p

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
I hope Michelle wins :D

"well if Kwan skates clean, there's no doubt these judges are placing her ahead of Irina"

Well of course - Irina is Russian, and don't you know - the judges are always against the Russians :rolleyes:

i'm sorry - i couldn't resist.

i think I know what you meant - there is an advantage in going after the other main contendors isn't there?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Becca- in the ladies event you mean. It's Kwan's territory this go around. That's one for the Usa already.

oh Jarett- Michelle can't possibly be complaining about her draw his time:p

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
OMG! GoSandrine, that's the order I want!lol That's why I colored them in their medal winning colors.;)

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Oh, I didn't notice that....lol! :D

May the force be with Michelle and Sarah. I chose Maria because it would be nice to see her go out with a medal.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
Michelle has never complained about her draws. Her fans OTOH often cry blood murder...like me sometimes. lol

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,314 Posts
This looks good for Michelle! Win the short program!

I have a feeling that this is going to be the closest Olympic games ever contested. Kwan, Slutskaya, Hughes, Butyrskaya, Cohen, I expect a few surprises!

Go Michelle! GO USA!! :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol Jarett how true;) i actually thought it was funny whan a Kwan fan posted during the GPF how Irina 'had a magnet' on her fingers to get the last position or one of them in most of her competions. BTW we miss you on the ISFF:wavey:

me too geopee i'm hoping for a nerve racking ladies event;)!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Thanks for the draw!!! Group 3... hot shots....

Good luck MARIA BUTYRSKAYA!!!

:angel: :) :angel: :) :angel: :) :angel: :) :angel: :) :angel: :)

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Irina is a good jumper but by far not so gracious like Maria. Russian ballet school... Well, if Maria skates clean, she will take the title. Definitely!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

sorry: wanted to say: she will take gold (not the title) :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hello Lola. i'm pulling for Maria since this is her last competition as an amateur. hope she grabs that bronze away from Hughes. As far as the gracious thing on Irina....

statistics this year show that Irina is the strongest free skater since the beginning of the season and has not lost a free skate so far- the only one to do that heading in. So there must be something about Tosca that the judges like:p

Actually, Irina is weaker this year in the short program, so that will be the hurdle for Irina on Tuesday evening. She always comes back to win the free skate though with Tosca:drool:

So if any one out there dislikes Irina, the short program is the time to wish her bad luck since she has been struggling at that portion of the competition. LETS HOPE NOT;)! i'm hoping all the ladies skate to their capabilities and give us a memorable two nights of nerve racking skating:hearts:

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Good luck to Michelle Kwan ;) :kiss: ;)

Hingiswinthis, thanks for posting the draw. This is the first time I've ever been able to see a full skating draw. How did you find it?

·
Registered
307 Posts
is ice skating really so interesting??

:confused:

i don´t think so! but

:hearts: skiing:hearts: this is the only real sport

;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts