Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
77,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread for the rising 14 year old Olivia Gadecki :D

She was born on April 24, 2002. She is from Hollywell in Queensland. Has a CHR Australian ranking of 56 and a CHR ITF juniors ranking of 224. In October 2016, she won a U18 G4 tournament in Thailand. Last week she won the 14/u Australian Championships, beating Poulos in the final.

In 2015, as a 13 year old she reached the 2nd round of the 16/u Championships where she lost to eventual champion, Violet Apisah. She reached the QF of 14/u Championships in 2015, losing to Poulos.

Olivia was selected as the Australian representative for the 2014 Longines Future Tennis Ace Tournament in France.

Good luck Olivia!

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Lost to Rebecca Peterson in straight sets in the Phillip Island Trophy (7-5, 6-3), but a good effort nonetheless. She has such easy power on both serve and groundstrokes that it's frightening how good she might become with more experience.

·
Premium Member
28,161 Posts
Lost to Rebecca Peterson in straight sets in the Phillip Island Trophy (7-5, 6-3), but a good effort nonetheless. She has such easy power on both serve and groundstrokes that it's frightening how good she might become with more experience.
I’ll defs be keeping my eye on her progress

·
Registered
77,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took out the #375 4th seed today. Is this her first ever tour event outside of Aus?
Yeah it is. Really encouraging to see her travelling overseas during this period of time where if you were an Australian you would probably not want to leave. Shows how committed she is really.

Judging from her instagram posts, looks like she's got a base set up in Liechtenstein.

·
Registered
18,145 Posts
It was her birthday yesterday . She entered the next few tournaments there in Sharm El Sheik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
She lost in the semi final last week to the eventual winner, but still a good week for her. I was hoping for a Gadecki Mutavdzic final at the semi final stage, that didn't happen as Miyazaki ended up beating them both back to back, but typically, they have drawn each other in R1 this week. Pretty much the only 2 players in the draw that I'm interested in.

Should be an interesting match. I'd probably back Olivia at stage, but a shame that one will receive no points as it could have easily been a latter stage match with a better draw.

·
Registered
18,145 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts