Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going through a stack of old, unmarked video tapes tonight (it's an exciting Friday evening around here), and I discovered an episode of a show I like from about five years ago on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Then I saw Venus and Serena in a commercial.

They were about 17 and 16 (very rough guesses, and I don't know how far apart they are in age) and were on the tennis court. Venus, with strings of white beads in her hair, served (with her foot on the line, I might add), and the graphic showed the ball flying through the air at supersonic speeds. Then Serena, with strings of white and green beads in her hair, returned, and there was the graphic again going in the opposite direction.

Just as the ball reached Venus, it disappeared. Then Venus smiled and said, "I am Sci Fi." And Serena said, "No, I am Sci Fi." Then they showed the Sci-Fi Channel logo with "Venus and Serena Williams," and that was it.

It was too surreal.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Yes, it was a nice commercial at that early point in their careers. :)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
OMG! I remember that commercial! One of the best Vee/Ree promos ever. So cute! Oh thanks for making me remember. :D Happy memories make me :) .

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I think I just saw that commercial too, recently. I don't know what channel it was on, but I remember it.

I love seeing their old commercials, it's so much fun to see them younger. :)

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,439 Posts
I liked the radio commercials with them and DARE - the anti-drug campaign. They were so young and doing good commercials like that.

Such positive role models :angel:

ps - i'm glad we can discuss this stuff...we are the "veteran" williams fans

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I see that anti-drug one all the time. I'm surprised they still show it so often. :eek:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Yeah, I saw just the other day, maybe two days ago. And maybe a week before that. It still comes, and I always pay close attention. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts