Tennis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Antwerp 2002:

Justine Henin didn't have an easy time against Magdalena Maleeva. "I started a bit nervously. Maleeva put me under pressure from the start. She had already played two matches here and so she already found a good rhythm. Wednesday against Callens I hardly played rallies."

"I was just undergoing Maleeva's game, I couldn't impose mine. That was very frustrating. Finally I found my way, I went more for the lines and I kept my head cool, I was almost completely Zen. It was important to feel the crowd's support. Playing a match at home shouldn't be underestimated. The crowd here in Antwerp really pulled me through."

In the semis she will most likely meet Patty Schnyder. Last year she defeated the Swiss at the USOpen in three sets in their only meeting so far. "I knew about Dokic's injury but I thought she would be able to come through. After her withdrawal my side of the draw is somewhat open but still, Schnyder has the game to beat the world's best players."

The Walloon will play her semifinal on Saturday. What will she do tomorrow on her free day? "The son of my coach, Carlos Rodriguez, is here and we'll take him to the zoo."

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LMFAO! :lol:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
OMG ... They put the son of Carlos in the monkey cage??? :eek:

JuJu taking Zen lessons? What was in Carlos' mind?

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.