Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reached Dubai today and went straight to the tournament and I'm told I can't attend any matches because the entire tournament is sold out. There were tv screens in the office which showed matches and 75% of the stadium was empty! Anyhow, I bought a ticket off this guy and got in and attended the matches, but why dont they have some policy where people who purchase tickets and then dont attend for a certain duration lose out to other people willing to take the ticket.

I have to go looking for spectators to buy tickets from tomorrow as well. :rolleyes:

Oh, did you ES viewers here me blow my horn during the Hingis and Momo matches today? :p

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
hingis-seles said:
Oh, did you ES viewers here me blow my horn during the Hingis and Momo matches today? :p
OMG!!! It was you :hatoff:

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
all the tickets were bought by Sania fans :lol:
when she lost they all went home yesterday.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RR-87 said:
OMG!!! It was you :hatoff:
LMAO! :lol: You could make out the sound? It was really funny, especially the first time I did it, the reaction I got from the spectators! :p:lol:

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheBoiledEgg said:
all the tickets were bought by Sania fans :lol:
when she lost they all went home yesterday.
Yeah I know and I was so pissed off. All these idiots, who know shit about tennis,with tickets while I, with more tennis knowledge in my pubes, without one. The man I bought my ticket for today from was an Indian (I'm SO grateful to him for selling me his extra ticket). But yeah, I was pissed off and felt like ranting. I was looking for Lindsay so I could start bitching about Larry Scott to her. :p

TBE, I saw Likhovtseva/Zvonareva vs Rodionova/Vesnina warm-up. Tried to take pictures, but couldn't get a goood shot. Also saw Queen Masha, Nastya, Doushevina amongst the Russian queens.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
hingis-seles said:
I have to go looking for spectators to buy tickets from tomorrow as well.
Get me one as well, if you can, and blow your horn real loud when you do. I'll appreciate it.
:lol:

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
hingis-seles said:
LMAO! :lol: You could make out the sound? It was really funny, especially the first time I did it, the reaction I got from the spectators! :p:lol:
That's why Sania fans went home :lol:

·
Registered
14,378 Posts
btw its not sold out who told u:confused: my frend got 3 tickets today.. btw thet icket system iz shit! not like someone is going to stay for all the matches!
ticket for each match would be better!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
the_maryamator said:
How much will that cost?
I prefer to buy tickets for 30 Dirhams for all matches in the day... I attend all matches. Of course they can have packages :shrug:

Btw. I'm ticketless as well. I attended the first 3 days, and will attend 3 days in ATP, but that's it. :(

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the_maryamator said:
btw its not sold out who told u:confused: my frend got 3 tickets today.. btw thet icket system iz shit! not like someone is going to stay for all the matches!
The box office said its sold out. :eek:

The ticket system is fucked up...it's good for people like me who want to attend every match, but when idiots like sania's fans buy all the tickets and then we have empty stadiums, thats really annoying.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vass22 said:
How much will that cost?
I prefer to buy tickets for 30 Dirhams for all matches in the day... I attend all matches. Of course they can have packages :shrug:

Btw. I'm ticketless as well. I attended the first 3 days, and will attend 3 days in ATP, but that's it. :(
Did you attend today? What were you wearing? I might have seen you. ;)

I was the Pakistani guy in the green shirt and jeans who was smoking downstairs and outside or in the stadium blowing the horn. :p I looked kind of lost and dejected. I was carrying a bag with me.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
the_maryamator said:
sold out maybe all the indians thought sania will make it to the final! bunch of loozerz
Dont be such a hater :eek: :eek: Atleast shes still playing with her head held high unlike the one in ur avatar :tape: :tape:

Reactions: Helen Lawson

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
hingis-seles said:
Did you attend today? What were you wearing? I might have seen you. ;)

I was the Pakistani guy in the green shirt and jeans who was smoking downstairs and outside or in the stadium blowing the horn. :p I looked kind of lost and dejected. I was carrying a bag with me.
I bet i've seen you because i had to scan every freakin face on the studium right before Sharapova's match because i was looking for cretian people (they didn't have a phone).

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
hingis-seles said:
Yeah I know and I was so pissed off. All these idiots, who know shit about tennis,with tickets while I, with more tennis knowledge in my pubes, without one. The man I bought my ticket for today from was an Indian (I'm SO grateful to him for selling me his extra ticket). But yeah, I was pissed off and felt like ranting. I was looking for Lindsay so I could start bitching about Larry Scott to her. :p

TBE, I saw Likhovtseva/Zvonareva vs Rodionova/Vesnina warm-up. Tried to take pictures, but couldn't get a goood shot. Also saw Queen Masha, Nastya, Doushevina amongst the Russian queens.
:speakles:
oh my :haha:

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thrust said:
Why didn^t you check ticket availability before you went to the tournament?
I've been to lots of tournaments before and it's never happened (including Dubai in 2003).

Besides, there wasn't anyway to buy tickets online that I knew off, or I would have bought mine in advance.

It's raining in Dubai right now.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bis2806 said:
What did you want to bitch to Lindsay about Larry scott?
I wanted to tell her how it didn't make sense that there were no tickets while people stood outside dying to get in but couldn't and the girls inside were playing to an empty stadium. And generally, how Larry Scott is an idiot. I'm sure she would have agreed!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts