Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on this board clearly hates the ATPtour and is using ultrasonic soundwaves to mess up players' heads!! Not nice! :fiery:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I'm the one who's doing that! I'm transmitting the rays from my secret mountain base.

Don't criticize, or you'll be next.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I confess to the Roddick one I'm afraid. Damn him!! Lol!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shame on you both! :fiery:

Have you ever considered that there could be whales nearby! :sad:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Give me Federer and Guga's genuine emotions any time. Am I the only one who thinks that these guys ACT like they are emotional?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beggin' Beguine said:
Blame Walt Disney!
Needed some time to get that! Now if Roddick is Donald, who is Martin then? Goofy? :lol:

Reactions: darren cahill

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Hagar said:
Give me Federer and Guga's genuine emotions any time. Am I the only one who thinks that these guys ACT like they are emotional?
In the case of Andy, yes. He said beforehand that he'd only be happy with the title, no less. So it's not as if winning the title never crossed his mind.

In the case of Verkerk, I think it's genuine. He never expected to reach the final. I thought that was funny to see.

·
Registered
24,264 Posts
i think verkerk does that after every match he wins-- since every match he wins IS a surprise...i dont know how genuine roddicks was... federers was my fav and agasii finally winning the french...

·
***** Emeritus
43,434 Posts
Beggin' Beguine said:
In the case of Andy, yes. He said beforehand that he'd only be happy with the title, no less. So it's not as if winning the title never crossed his mind.
Saying something and actually doing it are two very different things. And considering it is his first ever slam, I think it was pretty beguine, err genuine ;)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
That's the way Verkerk reacts. All of his reactions at Roland Garros were real. I don't think he won a clay match before that tournament so it was his dream tourney :) That's where he confirmed his nickname "Tha Face" (he earned it in Milan, where he won his first professional title earlier this year) :D

Roddick's always been a ham, but I'm sure he was happy.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
TennisHack said:
That's the way Verkerk reacts. All of his reactions at Roland Garros were real. I don't think he won a clay match before that tournament so it was his dream tourney :) That's where he confirmed his nickname "Tha Face" (he earned it in Milan, where he won his first professional title earlier this year) :D

Roddick's always been a ham, but I'm sure he was happy.
Verkerk had actually faired reasonably well in one or two of the masters series on clay, if memory serves. But certainly nothing that indicated "RolandGarros contender".

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Well we certainly say roddick is a better actress than Mandy is.;):haha:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Get over it! Roddick won the US Open! :rolleyes: I'm sure his crying was not fake. A lot of players say they won't settle for anything less than a win and when they actually win, they cry or show genuine emotion. Just look at Hingis and the emotion she displayed the last time she won the Australian Open, I'm sure she was sincere even though she always felt she didn't have any competition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts