Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone knows (or should) that Anna loves tennis and trains very hard. Her offcourt activities are not a distraction to her. The derogatory attention she gets because she does these things but hasn't won a tournament is a distraction to her. Is it fair to Anna? No. However, the perception that Anna is not a real tennis player does exist among the general public and the ignorant media that feeds them.

I just saw the Enrique video with Anna. On one level :angel: , I liked it. However, this is NOT going to help her quest for credibility as a tennis player.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Disposable funny cause I was just talking about this video with Anna in it tonight.

I am sorry but in almost every scene she is lying on her back.. in the car and on top of the bathroom counter.. .. it sucked! The video imho used Anna as a representation of a mere hoe. I was disapointed with Enrique and Anna because I thought the video would put Anna in a classier light. You know something like Brittney Spears first video or J-Lo's Spanish video. This video I just did not like because of the way Anna was represented. Sheesh it was not original at all. Anna could have been prortrayed better imho.

By the way I think the song sucks!

and I can't stand those hoochie rap videos either.. yucky.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,889 Posts
This is what some of those people who whine about others are "jealous" of Anna for criticizing don't understand. People don't mock her because she's beautiful and frankly, she doesn't get all the male attention for her beauty (which as we've noted before isn't really all that much anyway). The problem is that she is being marketed as a sex kitten. And in the case of most guys, give them some skin and you could have a face like a troll; they wouldn't notice. It is a shame Anna continues to do things that distract from attention to her tennis :eek:

·
Registered
16,601 Posts
escape is going to be another top ten hit for him ... :p

keep going enrique - (as you can tell, i like him a lot)

but, i have to agree with what everyone said about the video ... and dawn, i also hate those "hoochie rap videos" ;)

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I haven't seen the video yet, but it strikes me that they only way for Anna to continue on her quest for credibility as a tennis player is on the court.

Appearing in some tacky video is not going to make things any worse for her than they are already - so the way I see it is she can either hide away and train loads or she can make the most of it and still train loads :).

I probably respect her more for doing what she likes rather than crumbling under the weight of expectation.

·
R.I.P. Thank you!
25,876 Posts
"Her off court activities are not a distraction for her". :confused:
We don't know that DH, cause she's NEVER stopped(or even cut back) the "off-court" activities. If she DID stop all the extra activities and STILL lost like she's does now, you are right. If she stopped all the Zoo going after losing early and actually started winning titles, then MAYBE me and others have a point.

Maybe Anna can start a singing career after tennis-i'd pay to see her;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Why is it a surprise that Anna is "being used" in this video?:confused:

What??? You thought they wanted her for her ACTING ability?:rolleyes: You thought they wanted her to SING?:eek:

What in the world would anyone want Anna Kournikova in a video for if not to lay on her back and look provocative??;)

Please . . . people expect things like this from Anna. Nobody is going to think less of her because of it. Nobody thinks very much of her now. So, what's the big deal?:eek:

I used to wish and hope that Anna would some day come to her senses and play good tennis because I've always thought she had the talent to win tournaments. Lately, I'm not so sure. As the years go by it becomes less and less likely Anna will ever win a tournament. And I'm beginning to think she doesn't even care anymore.:sad:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
I liked it.:rolleyes: I love the song and the video.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
Rollo said:
"Her off court activities are not a distraction for her". :confused:
We don't know that DH, cause she's NEVER stopped(or even cut back) the "off-court" activities. If she DID stop all the extra activities and STILL lost like she's does now, you are right. If she stopped all the Zoo going after losing early and actually started winning titles, then MAYBE me and others have a point.

Maybe Anna can start a singing career after tennis-i'd pay to see her;)
eep rollo....there's nothing wrong with going to the zoo, once you're out of the singles event ;) ....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Disposable funny cause I was just talking about this video with Anna in it tonight.

I am sorry but in almost every scene she is lying on her back.. in the car and on top of the bathroom counter.. .. it sucked! The video imho used Anna as a representation of a mere hoe. I was disapointed with Enrique and Anna because I thought the video would put Anna in a classier light. You know something like Brittney Spears first video or J-Lo's Spanish video. This video I just did not like because of the way Anna was represented. Sheesh it was not original at all. Anna could have been prortrayed better imho.

By the way I think the song sucks!

and I can't stand those hoochie rap videos either.. yucky.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
I don't know if Anna does more off court stuff that Venus or Martina. However Venus and Martina have proven that they can do what Anna has not yet shown that she can do: Win Tournaments.

Maybe Anna can win and do all the other stuff. It's just that so far she hasn't shown that she can.
But who knows? If she stopped all the off court stuff she might win some tourneys. But the other side of that is that she might not win any tourneys. :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts