Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all the posts that were mentioning Kim will be #2 seed at RG, we all fail to realize that the semis will mean more than likely we will all lose cos Justine and kim will be in the same half and venus and serena will be in the same half....therefore for everyone to be happy, we all have to be routing for venus to stay number two.

With Kim at number 2:

semis- Serena vs. Venus; Kim vs. Justine.

Venus at number 2:

semis-Serena/Kim; Justine vs. Venus.

The funny thing is that Justine to me is the favorite to win cos venus is injured and kim and serena were defeated by her recently. I think who ever wins between the Justine and Venus match has the better chance to be the champion eventhough I personally want Serena to defend her title.

In scenario #1 Justine has a 95% chance of being the winner.

In scenario number two, she has 80% chance of being the champion. These are based on recent results of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,755 Posts
I think it unlikely that Kim will be seeded number 2 at RG. I've been saying this all along. Things really need to fall her way to be number 2.

Second, Serena is the clear favorite to defend her title. She's had ... what 2 lossses in a gagillion matches? Plus she is the clear number one. You seem to have just pulled your percentages out of a hat. Is there any mathematical principle at work in arriving at those percentages?

Third, there is no guarantee that even if Kim is number 2 that Justine will be in her half and Venus in Serena's half. And if Venus is number two, Kim isn't necessarily going to be in Serena's half nor Justine's in Venus's half.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,315 Posts
maccardel said:
In all the posts that were mentioning Kim will be #2 seed at RG, we all fail to realize that the semis will mean more than likely we will all lose cos Justine and kim will be in the same half and venus and serena will be in the same half....therefore for everyone to be happy, we all have to be routing for venus to stay number two.

With Kim at number 2:

semis- Serena vs. Venus; Kim vs. Justine.

Venus at number 2:

semis-Serena/Kim; Justine vs. Venus.

The funny thing is that Justine to me is the favorite to win cos venus is injured and kim and serena were defeated by her recently. I think who ever wins between the Justine and Venus match has the better chance to be the champion eventhough I personally want Serena to defend her title.

In scenario #1 Justine has a 95% chance of being the winner.

In scenario number two, she has 80% chance of being the champion. These are based on recent results of course.
Justine an 80% chance of being the champion? Are you insane? Incidentally, your assumptions on the draw are totally incorrect.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
7,996 Posts
let's see....2 out of the 3 most recent matches on clay vs. Serena, Justine won....in the last 3 matches on clay versus Kim, Justine has won 2...Her only win against Venus came on....Clay...let's see where were headed with this one..... hmmm JUSTINE'S GONNA WIN YOU STUPID FUCKING HATERS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,432 Posts
Besides the fact that it's only one possibility, why would we all lose from Serena-Venus and Kim-Justine semis? That would lead to a Belgian-Williams final which I would think would make many people happy and probably be a fantastic match. I for one would love to see those semis!
 

·
Adrenaline junkie
Joined
·
23,020 Posts
I would like final without Williamses as well without Belgians. Even Mauresmo-Capriati final would do just fine..
 

·
Sabatini lover Forever
Joined
·
15,213 Posts
maccardel said:
In all the posts that were mentioning Kim will be #2 seed at RG, we all fail to realize that the semis will mean more than likely we will all lose cos Justine and kim will be in the same half and venus and serena will be in the same half....therefore for everyone to be happy, we all have to be routing for venus to stay number two.

With Kim at number 2:

semis- Serena vs. Venus; Kim vs. Justine.

Venus at number 2:

semis-Serena/Kim; Justine vs. Venus.

The funny thing is that Justine to me is the favorite to win cos venus is injured and kim and serena were defeated by her recently. I think who ever wins between the Justine and Venus match has the better chance to be the champion eventhough I personally want Serena to defend her title.

In scenario #1 Justine has a 95% chance of being the winner.

In scenario number two, she has 80% chance of being the champion. These are based on recent results of course.
Lets see Henin has never beaten either Kim, Serena or Venus in a slam... so i give her 0% by now..

Another stat Henin has never won a slam.... so i give her 0% by now...

So her numbers against the best players at slams are more improbable than in favor of her right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,419 Posts
petosp said:
Lets see Henin has never beaten either Kim, Serena or Venus in a slam... so i give her 0% by now..

Another stat Henin has never won a slam.... so i give her 0% by now...

So her numbers against the best players at slams are more improbable than in favor of her right now.

hmmm, justine's never played either sister in the french open and when justine lost to kim at a clay slam was 2 years ago since then justine has defeated kim twice on clay. it's funny how justine can have a better h2h on clay against serena and kim and 1-1 against venus and yet people don't give her a chance at winning. i mean you don't have to say she's going to win but saying she has no chance at winning is just denying the facts and being an idiot.

and since when did it mean that if a person did well in one slam mean they're going to do just as well on another. justine is a clay court specialist [and very good on grass as well] the only time she's played serena at a gs was at the usopen in 2001 and venus in wimbledon twice and the ausopen [where she made her personal best of a semi]. none of these are clay, btw.
 

·
Sabatini lover Forever
Joined
·
15,213 Posts
shap_half said:
hmmm, justine's never played either sister in the french open and when justine lost to kim at a clay slam was 2 years ago since then justine has defeated kim twice on clay. it's funny how justine can have a better h2h on clay against serena and kim and 1-1 against venus and yet people don't give her a chance at winning. i mean you don't have to say she's going to win but saying she has no chance at winning is just denying the facts and being an idiot.

and since when did it mean that if a person did well in one slam mean they're going to do just as well on another. justine is a clay court specialist [and very good on grass as well] the only time she's played serena at a gs was at the usopen in 2001 and venus in wimbledon twice and the ausopen [where she made her personal best of a semi]. none of these are clay, btw.
I did not say she had 0% percent of chance of winning lol. I was making the statement that her numbers are 0 (wins)-something in both categories i mentioned.
Both Kim and Henin most probable slam and matches to win against the Williams sisters are on clay, and RG is a pretty good place for both Kim and Henin. But i may say giving her plus 80 percent of chances of winning is just ridiculous based on a player who has never won a slam event, has has never beaten the 3 other players ahead of her at slam events.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,049 Posts
petosp said:
Lets see Henin has never beaten either Kim, Serena or Venus in a slam... so i give her 0% by now..

Another stat Henin has never won a slam.... so i give her 0% by now...

So her numbers against the best players at slams are more improbable than in favor of her right now.

let me see if I understand.

0% means no chance.

so, if a player hasn't beaten other certain player in a Grand Slam, her chances of doing that in a future GS are 0 :confused:

but Serena, Venus, Lindsay, they all at some point faced a player they haven't beaten before in a Grand Slam.

Let's say, Serena draws a player she has never played before in a GS.

So, Serena has 0% chances of beating her, and the other player has 0% chance of beating Serena (she has never beaten Serena either), so I guess it would be a tie.

Also, she gets 0% chances because she hasn't won a Grand Slam, so, only players who have won a Grand Slam have chances of winning one :confused:

so how do players get their first Grand Slam? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,270 Posts
imho it wouldn't hurt me a bit if Venus faced Serena in semi's instead of Justine. Imho Justine is more the threat on red clay then Serena is.

Also what if the draw has Venus, Serena and Kim on the same side? Or Venus, Serena and Justine? I think whoever is not on the side of the Williams and a Belgian is in the best position to win RG!

Or what if Venus and Serena are on opposite sides of the draw and Henin and Clijsters are on the same side? So many options to think about.. :)
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
I don't think 3 of top 4 seeds can be on the same side of the draw. 1 and 2 are placed on sep sides....as are 3 and 4 ....so its 1 vs 3/4 and 2 vs 4/3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,270 Posts
To think let alone state that Justine Henin has no chance to win Roland Garros is ludicrus. I personally think she has a better chance than Kim or even Venus at the moment. With Venus though we never know what were going to get. I sure am not going to underestimate her though. nor Justine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,049 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
Or what if Venus and Serena are on opposite sides of the draw and Henin and Clijsters are on the same side? So many options to think about.. :)
if Serena and Venus are in opposite side, Kim and Justine will be in opposite sides as well.

If Kim is # 2, then the two posibilities for the semis are:

1)

Williams - Williams
Belgian - Belgian

2)

Williams - Belgian
Belgian - Williams

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,270 Posts
Okay thanks Fingon, I was just stating some scenarios. I don't trust the slam draws..and I wouldn't be surprised if they put Williams/Williams/Belgian on the same side. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Wimbeldon ranked Kim ahead of Vee.

What about this scenario? Since the USA made bad remarks to France they fight back and stick all Americans on the same eaxact side? Or they try to kiss USA butt. ( dont know why) and help out all the American's ESPECIALLY [email protected] and give them opposite side with a #2 Kim seeding?!?! lmao:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rtael said:
let's see....2 out of the 3 most recent matches on clay vs. Serena, Justine won....in the last 3 matches on clay versus Kim, Justine has won 2...Her only win against Venus came on....Clay...let's see where were headed with this one..... hmmm JUSTINE'S GONNA WIN YOU STUPID FUCKING HATERS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I think based on the head to head between the four players, then Justine and venus have a better chance...but also take into consideration that kim and serena's chances for the title will be greatly improved if Venus defeats Justine in the semis....then serena will have a 90% percent chance of retaining her title and Kim will have a 75% chance of defeating venus. It's not scientific and all that other bull but rather an observation. I'm sorry I'm not saying what y'all want to hear. My favs are venus and serena and I'm not hating on anyone.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
41,227 Posts
Imo their are only a few contenders for this title:
1. Serena
2. Justine
3. Kim
4. Venus

With equal chances for Justine and Serena, and equal chances for Kim and Venus (although a lil lower then Justine and Serena imo)
 

·
Sabatini lover Forever
Joined
·
15,213 Posts
petosp said:
I did not say she had 0% percent of chance of winning lol. I was making the statement that her numbers are 0 (wins)-something in both categories i mentioned.
Both Kim and Henin most probable slam and matches to win against the Williams sisters are on clay, and RG is a pretty good place for both Kim and Henin. But i may say giving her plus 80 percent of chances of winning is just ridiculous based on a player who has never won a slam event, has has never beaten the 3 other players ahead of her at slam events.
Fingo, Dawn marie and everybody else :)

I did not say she is 0% of chances of winning.!!!!!
I´ll just quote what i said
 
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Top