Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
181,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We won the GOLD, no matter which way you look at it or how they got it

Fighting between us isn't gonna change that.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,117 Posts
Right, Eggy. Lets stop fighting, start celebrating..

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,117 Posts
oops, I forgot where Poe is from. We need to make peace with Canadians quickly before we got kicked from the boards..

YES, YES Canadians ARE THE BEST!

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
I suggest you stay out of most of the figure skating threads here if you wanna celebrate because i see more pro-Canadians than pro-jud.. uh, I mean Russians

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
If enough is enough, then you shouldn't have started another thread on it :rolleyes:

I'm not rying to turn this in to a "my country is better than yours" thing - it just happens that I feel that tonight, they skated better.

And so does several million other people, who aren't even Canadian.

If you want to feel good cause you guys won the gold, then feel good about.

But don't expect those of us who are pissed off, to stop.

Jamie and David worked so hard, and were SO good, only to be ROBBED.

And I dont give a craps ASS what the history books say.

·
Premium Member
181,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Becca ...... all we ever did was cheer cos Elena and Anton were winners :)

anyway its goodnight from me and I think its goodnight from him as well.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Eggy, you should not be bragging about somebody else's achievements.

I normally would be happy for Elena/Anton if they had won it fair and square but they slipped and made mistakes that were pointed out in the replays. I hope they are happy with their tainted, empty victory.

I am upset because what they won, isn't a representation of what they deserved. And they knew it.
Becca, those were the words I was looking for. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
:eek:EGG your not from Russia? Wow I always thought your were Russian?

Anyway.. Canada got ROBBED and it is a disgrace!!!!

I am so sick of these damn Olympics becoming more and more political!! It s so sad I tell yah! I so wish the Russians would of handed over their Gold to the real winners. Just for once can somebody ACTUALLY do the right damn thing!!

China was wrong.. and they were probably bought off. imho. sorry but I am a cynic and one cannot blame me. Just look at what happened tonight?? Damn shame.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
aren't the board of judges come from different countries??? could it be that they see things that a normal spectator like me couldn't see? I'm not a skater myself, thus I had to rely on their decision.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Becca I didn't realize you were this fiesty?:wavey:

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,480 Posts
I totally agree Dawn - It just gets more and more political with figure skating each time around, and it's such a disgrace and disrespect to a beautiful sport.

IMO these politics are the reason Canada has a silver medal and the Americans (Ina/Zimmerman) didn't end up on the podium.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,117 Posts
No, Vanity, it is not just Russian, Ukrainian, Chinese and Polish judges gave #1 to Russians. Canadian, American, Japanese and German judge gave it to Canadians. But real tiebreaker came from the French judge. Which might make me think that it could be a deposit for Ice Dancing Gold for the French/Russian duo. Conspiracy everywhere..:)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts