5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jon's curse is laying upon Kim now. :mad:

Come on, Kim, prove him wrong - I mean - right! :D

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He was so full of Justine this summer that I thought he would have picked her.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
I thought Kim was the no.1?! Who´s he supposed to pick?! aahh right... she ain´t the best after all!

·
Serena's #1 Hater
20,615 Posts
Getting picked to win by Jon Wertheim is like getting kissed on the cheek by Michael Corleone. Venus is almost GUARANTEED to win now! ;)

·
Plainclothes Division
5,873 Posts
Even worse news: Chris Evert picked Kim. Sorta. And Venus. And Serena. And Justine. And Jen. And Maria.

This is from the September issue of Tennis, on her editorial page. She says "here are my picks", then doesn't pick anybody in particular, just outlining some of the contenders who could do it.

Any number of people "could" do it, pending circumstances. Hell, if one of them were given a wildcard into the men's draw, and a flu epidemic swept through the men's lockerroom, rendering them all unable to play, she "could" win the men's title.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Brian - that sounds like Evert!!

Anyway, Jon is much better with his men's predictions than his women's predictions. I think he picked Andre for the Australian and Ferrero for the French. Actually, I think he picked Serena for Wimbledon.

He usually gets 1 right and 1 wrong.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Got it all wrong! This year he has been actually pretty good, only missing for the men at Wimby and for the women......guess who made him look like a fool?! Only thing I say that at Wimby and the Oz the player he picked to win went on to win the tournament. But for the French the player forgot that when you reach a final, you´re supposed to actually play!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
So he's 4/6 this year?? Not too bad, really.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.