Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rain all day 80% chance

:sad:

friday, sat, and sun look good, but that doesn't take into account fabian who will probably be there by that time and bring even more rain.

the tournament can't go past tuesday which means that it probably won't be finished.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Man, Agassi is sitting pretty :(

Anyway, this rain is crazy!! It rarely rains like this on the east coast in summer...

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
croat123 said:
rain all day 80% chance

:sad:

friday, sat, and sun look good, but that doesn't take into account fabian who will probably be there by that time and bring even more rain.

the tournament can't go past tuesday which means that it probably won't be finished.
GOOD! I LIKE this shit! Serves them damn right.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
serves who right? is this another "they need a roof" argument???
Damn right it is. Wimbledon (which has discovered the modern wonder known as the tarpaulin) and Roland Garros are a little bit different surfaces. You get a couple of drops of rain, you can keep playing for a couple of minutes and see if it goes away. On hardcourts, you have to quit immediately at the first drop, or someone on the court will be spending the rest of their life in the booth with Mary Joe Fernandez. If its not raining too hard, baseball can continue. Golf is not a problem as long as there is no risk of lightning. This is one place where the contingency of rain has to be prepared for. If they had even one court with a retractable roof, the Men's Fourth Round would be completed by now, Kim and Ai would be in at least the Third Round of Doubles, and probably a couple of the Women's Quarterfinals would be done. There would be no disaster at all right now.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
i just wanted to add that I HATE HARD COURTS!

1) Fuckking too rain sensitive!

2) Leading to career threatening injuries in Seles, Davenport, Rubin, HINGIS, Kournikova, Philippoussis and many more players. :(

3) Too true of a bounce and too easy to just win from the baseline! Clay offers different point construction with possibility for more defensive shots and more creativity. Grass opens up the game to better net play, slicing and drop shot. And yet the specialty surfaces still allow for fabulous baseline power rallies.

4) Aesthetically hard courts are less pleasing (my opinion) and WAY TOO HOT in the summer causing blisters and heat exhaustion.

5) Don't allow for the marks to be checked like on clay. :(

6) and it bears repeating a second time! TOO MUCH STRESS ON THE SKELETAL SYSTEM!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.