Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelievable. They are such ignorants. I mean, today they started televising the match of Big D. vs. Petrova (because it was rainning, yesterday they chose to show some Massu vs. Moya match instead :rolleyes: ). And in the third set where Lindsay started showing some signs of her injury they started saying "Oh. Her KNEE is troubling her again. This was the injury that last year would not let her play for nine months... blablabla" :fiery: They had absolutely NO CLUE whatsoever about her nerve foot problem, the neuroma she's suffered from Roland Garros!
This is completely outrageous, it makes me mad. And to top it all, they talk about her knee injury as if they knew about it. I mean, COMMON! I've just sent them about 5 emails explaining to them what she actually had and I requested them to tell the commentators about the real injury Lindsay had because they were not aware of it. How can they even comment on her without even knowing she had to withdraw from the Pilot Pen final, etc. etc. This makes me realise how little research ESPN does on the players, and how little they care about it.

Joaco

·
Registered
910 Posts
What idiots! :mad: I hate it how commentators pretend to know everything about a player. "Oh Lindsay is getting down on herself, she's slumping her shoulders." They said that ALL the time during the phenomenal match between Serena and Lindsay in 2001. Lindsay refused to give up soshe mustn’t have been too negative!

I’ve come to the conclusion that their way of thinking is, if the player doesn't have a dick, then who gives a fuck. :fiery:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
You have ESPN covering the US Open?? :lol:

Thank god for USA coverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts