Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 285 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,758 Posts
Re: Official Warnings for TT players

Could have been more lenient this week with the board being out for two days. Everything was kind of a mess these past few days, including tournaments. Most of the posters above are not the usual people who forget to withdraw every week. Meh.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,758 Posts

Plus both tournaments involved (Antalya and Nules) had had mentions in the thread of not having enough players to actually be played. With 17 players signed up, if just a few people had said OUT of one of them to play the other one, we could have been stuck in a tournament that was cancelled. This is something the board should consider, because I do not know at 8pm Eastern who will be out of where and if enough players will remain.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts

Yes board was out for almost two days, but since TF came back players had almost two days to withdraw (and some of them were very active on the forum in that time).

I'm not 100 percent sure, but if I remember well at least half of them forgot to withdraw on time in past when we didn't have warnings.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

I am sure once Carlsbad entry list is out and some people see themselves on the Qualifier or Alt List Antalya and Nules will get more entrants.

·
Registered
76,338 Posts

God I've only been back on TF for like a week and wasn't aware of these new rules and etc. In fact, wasn't aware I actually double committed..

·
Registered
19,177 Posts

Good news for you guys. Your TT Board is so kind that they decided all warnings expire at the end of the year. From week #1 in 2016 all players will start from zero again.

Double commitment (player commits to two different tournaments in the same week):

Before the 1st deadline on Sunday, 6pm CET players can commit to any tournament, withdraw from there and commit to another tournament without being a LE.
After the 1st deadline players have 24 hours time to withdraw from events of their choice.
If the player is still on two different Entry Lists once the Withdrawal Deadline (Monday, 6pm CET/CEST) is over, the player receives an official warning from the TT board.
Is the infraction noticed before the tournaments start, only the first commitment will be valid and no punishment is applied.
If the double commitment is not noticed by anyone before the draws are made, points gained by the player in any of the two tournaments will not be considered and the player will be replaced with ALTs/LLs (only possible if the player didn´t win a round already in that tournament).

If a player, who received an official warning before, is again on two different Entry Lists once the Withdrawal deadline is over, then this player gets disqualified immediately and won´t be allowed to play any tournament in that week.
After that the warning expires and the user will receive a warning again before getting disqualified.
All warnings expire at the end of the year and all players will start from zero again once the new season starts with tournament 1.

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,730 Posts

this board is so sexy and generous :p

·
Registered
43,630 Posts

It's actually kind of interesting to read this thread. It seems like a thread dedicated to shaming players. :sobbing:

In the way that their names are tagged, they feel the need to justify their double commitment, etc. Not saying it's a bad thing, just funny. :lol:

·
Registered
23,235 Posts

It's actually kind of interesting to read this thread. It seems like a thread dedicated to shaming players. :sobbing:

In the way that their names are tagged, they feel the need to justify their double commitment, etc. Not saying it's a bad thing, just funny. :lol:

·
Admin
65,872 Posts

It´s actually a good thing, isn´t it? :D
This way people surely won´t forget to withdraw again :devil:

·
Registered
29,560 Posts

so it didn't take long for a player to receive 2nd warning :surprise:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

Can I commit to two tournaments and then withdrawal before the first deadline? Thank you

·
Admin
65,872 Posts

Can I commit to two tournaments and then withdrawal before the first deadline? Thank you
yes, you can commit to two or more tournaments, you just have to make sure to be on one EL only once the withdrawal deadline (Monday at 6pm CET) is over.

21 - 40 of 285 Posts