Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
25,366 Posts
Tammy :sad: I will need to updated my signature with her retirament. Another fav that said goodbye :sad:

Cecilia Costa Melgar from Chile also retired from tennis.

·
Registered
53,697 Posts
Beatriz García Vidagany (who just turned 27 last month) just announced her retirement on facebook. Former top 150 in both singles and doubles is retiring because of never ending injuries :hug:

Best singles result:

QF WTA Bogotá 2011
QF WTA Marbella 2010 (beating Clijsters and Niculescu, lost to Errani in 3 sets)

Best doubles result:

SF WTA Bastad 2015 (her last tournament she ever played)

·
Premium Member
66,158 Posts
I just came across this article from a few months ago where Sherazad Reix mentions a possible retirement.

"I'm 26 and I never played a grand slam," she said. "I just played the French Open in doubles this year, but I never played in singles. So I was thinking, 'It's my last year of tennis. I would love to play the qualies of a grand slam. I don't want ... after 27 ... I'm married, I want kids so if i'm not able to be in the qualies of a grand slam, what's the point of tennis for me?' I want to be able to see and do all the things in my life. We don't make a lot of money on the second level. I'm enjoying right now because I'm playing well. If I can make the qualies of the slams, great, I will continue playing. But if not, fine, I will have a baby. So I'm playing without pressure, fighting, trying to make my game better."

She has improved tremendously over the years and finished the year at #239 having never finished in the top 400 before. I really hope she plays on until RG where she should get a QWC next year.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Reix may actually not need the RG QWC, who knows. It would be a shame to retire now that she has reached a CHR close to top 200!

·
Registered
50,679 Posts
QF WTA Marbella 2010 (beating Clijsters and Niculescu, lost to Errani in 3 sets)
I will always remember her for the shocking Clijsters win

Isabella Holland retired and Ashleigh Barty
So sad to hear Isabella Holland retired :sad: A wasted talent

·
Registered
50,679 Posts

·
Registered
14,770 Posts
I still remember when Gojnea played GS qualies some years ago, seems like ages. No clue if she was just playing a few tournaments in Romania for fun or if she was attempting a comeback.

·
Registered
52,192 Posts
Beatriz :awww:

I'd be pissed if Reix retired now that I just started following her result a little bit and that she seems to be near her best- I hope she keeps improving and continue playing next year and who knows
babies can wait a few years , I guess - but she knows better ;)

81 - 100 of 108 Posts