Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
According to the Tamarine Tanausgarn Tennis Academy website, she has stopped competing as well...

'Today Tammy is not longer compete in court but she will continue the work of eaching the future generation to represent Thailand. '

About | Tamarine Tennis Academy

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
According to the Tamarine Tanausgarn Tennis Academy website, she has stopped competing as well...

'Today Tammy is not longer compete in court but she will continue the work of eaching the future generation to represent Thailand. '

oh no :sad:

so the last match in her career would be a loss to Kris at Gifu this year. and that's her 999th match. can't she just play one more to make it to 1000 :hysteric:

I wonder whether there'll be any ceremony things in Thailand...but since Pattaya is gone it has to be Hua Hin. Over 20 years of career :worship: Anyways if it's true hope she enjoys her life :hug:

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
What about Rika Fujiwara? She played 2 singles events this year and some dubs.:confused:
Tammy:x enjoy post tennis life,hoped She might play some more though. still a baby compared to KDK,but She had 12 years off tour.

·
Registered
53,697 Posts
What about Rika Fujiwara? She played 2 singles events this year and some dubs.:confused:
She is coaching some Japanese pro players and travels with them at tournaments. She just plays for fun, pretty much retired.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Tammy :hug:

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
Tammy was a personal fave of mine

enjoyed watching her routine safina and zvonereva on grass

actually got quite close in 1 wimbledon year to making the final, lost a close match vs venus in 2008.

·
Registered
52,192 Posts
Tammy :awww:
one can only admire her career and achievements, as well as her sweet personnality
even though she hadn't competed at the higher level anymore recently, she'll be missed !

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Oh! I still remember she won s' Hertogenbosch (Rosmalen) for the second time in 2009 and she was serenaded at the ceremony. :lol:

From 9.47

·
Registered
15,889 Posts
Have a good life Tammy,she is so sweet and fuzzy. Beating Empress who flew in with her helicopter,in the 4th round of Wimbledon, in straight sets was no easy task.

I love Thai players, they are always seem so genuine.

·
Registered
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Originally Posted by Rollo
HI CN Ireland-do you have links to the threads from previous years?

I would like to start adding recent player retirements to our Biographical Encyclopedia of Tennis.

Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players

I will gladly help, as they are great threads.

http://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/635553-official-retirements-2014-a.html

http://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/472638-official-retirements-2013-a.html

http://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/450490-official-retirements-2012-a.html

http://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/425370-official-retirements-2011-a.html

If you copy and paste these into your first post near the bottom you can keep adding each year.

Thank you for all your hard work :)
Thank you:)

Post #1 has now been updated accordingly.

·
Registered
48,002 Posts
Since I started following tennis, Tammy was only relevant on grass. She is MIA the entire year and then during grass season she is everywhere :lol:

·
Premium Member
169,809 Posts

Sad news. I guess all those nagging injuries ( and age :p ) finally got the best of her. :hug:

Her seemingly annual Wimby runs were quite impressive. It's too bad she didn't have that extra week to play on grass that the current grass goats have .

GL to Tam Tam in all of her off court and on court endeavors at her academy. :bounce:

Btw, doesn't her sister post on TF? :smile2:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yurika:( seemed lovely and battled her best. Enjoy retirement and hopefully Sister Erika can keep family legacy going.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts