Tennis Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's official: Olympics postponed.

I tried change the title of this thread but failed. The Tennis forum interface says my post is spam-like.

·
Registered
113,203 Posts
Title of this thread is still okay. I want to see if Wimbledon takes those 2 weeks now that The Olympics are next year

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Glad they made the decision. There was no way it could go ahead this year and at least this gives the athletes some clarity. Not there is much clarity about anything at the moment. I suppose it gives more opportunity to juggle tennis events later in the summer if the global situation improves dramatically.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The Olympics being postponed adds yet another layer to just a truly bizarre and sad year for sports and in general. It’s really an unprecedented time right now in recent history and certainly my lifetime. Man does it suck. I’m missing tennis big time. I really hope things can get somewhat under control by the time the tours are to comeback from suspension. It all seems unlikely but who knows. I personally just wanna be optimistic and hope the second half of the year can have some things start getting back to normal.

·
Art & Futures
20,378 Posts
well, they should have a contingency plan to postpone to september 2021 in case something happens again next year...

anywhooz, wimbledon can be moved more freely now

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
There is no way they are going to play Wimbledon in late June when the Olympics have already been cancelled for late July. The Coronavirus situation is currently much worse in the UK compared to Japan.

I also do not think they are going to try to reschedule for later in the year. Wimbledon is not a greedy bitch like the French Open.
This. Travelling to and from Wimbledon is hell. The grounds absolutely rammed with less space than one would imagine.

I can't see any top player worth millions risking playing and travelling until the situation is sorted. I really believe we won't see any top players actually competing this year.

·
Registered
10,678 Posts
This. Travelling to and from Wimbledon is hell. The grounds absolutely rammed with less space than one would imagine.

I can't see any top player worth millions risking playing and travelling until the situation is sorted. I really believe we won't see any top players actually competing this year.

I'd rather be concerned about the spectators. I mean they're way older than your average group of people in London.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts