Tennis Forum banner

741 - 760 of 777 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
As it will be some months before we will see Vera play again, I was looking at some of her matches on youtube and found this one, the Qf at Wimbledon 2010 against Clijsters. This is really one of my favourites, where I think Vera played one of her best matches ever, and I felt very proud of her :). I can remember Clijsters said after the match that she played at her peak, was healthy and couldn't play any better, but still lost. That is the greatest compliment Vera could get. Kim was gutted for weeks about that loss and took some time to get over it. She got over it anyway as we know a couple of months later :(. But here are some highlights of that match, enjoy. And you if have a favourite match, please post it here , I am anxious to know ;).

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have several favorites, including some old ones. Based on pure performance I think the Doha final against Wozniacki is a brilliant example of good well executed tactics. Cracking the Woz code.

My favorite moment is without a doubt the racket smash from Charleston. That was epic!

·
Premium Member
65,072 Posts
:awww: I love the racket smashing as well :inlove:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
O yes, that brings back memories. I never mind when she does that, because after that she will be fully focused. What scared me most about the Charleston racket smash was the kick on the racket under the sofa. I thought she would sprain her ankle again :scared:. Found this on her racket smashes including Charleston :armed:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Mine, too. :D Amazing. I was so proud to witness it in person. :hearts:

I miss Vera. Hope to see her soon. :hug:
Wow, great to hear you were there. Absolutely loved how the crowd reacted. They loved it :lol:.

·
Registered
53,402 Posts
:wavey:

I did but unfortunately didn't get through.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
So did any regular Vera's forum apply for one of those moderator positions?
I thought about it, because we need someone here .. Not only on Vera's Forum, but in Russian Roulette, as general..

But, with my actual lack of time, I gave up.. :p

Vera will play in Shenzhen... :bigclap:
Take it easy, lad.. Nothing sure yet.. ;)

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Bobito has included Vera and her legendary racquet smashing technique in his latest cartoon :lol:.

Looking forward to Vera returning to the tour, let's hope she can come back to the top.

I was leafing through an old copy of Tennis Head magazine a while back and came across this step by step illustrated guide on how to play a forehand like Caroline Wozniacki. Most tennis magazines have these, where a coach uses a series of pics to teach you how to play like a pro. This led me to wondering if such guides were really telling readers what separates elite players from us weekend hackers. In any case, who wants to hit a forehand like Wozniacki?

With that in mind, I present Tips from the Locker Room in which a series of top coaches will reveal what really make the top pros stand out, using some legends of the game to illustrate their lessons.

So, without further ado...

Next week Jimmy Connors on the art of intimidation!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #758
Merry Christmas to all of you here in Vera's forum. Have a nice, blessed day and take care. God bless. :)

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Merry Christmas to all of you here in Vera's forum. Have a nice, blessed day and take care. God bless. :)
Thanks, and you, mate :yeah:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
As all over the world now the new year starts, everyone a happy new year, all the best and health. And may it be a Zvonarevian year ;)

741 - 760 of 777 Posts