Tennis Forum banner
4141 - 4155 of 4155 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Fans notice surprising detail in stars’ Met Gala bathroom photo

Eagle-eyed fans on social media noticed something unusual in a photo taken by two music stars at the Met Gala in New York.

3 min read
September 16, 2021 - 7:47AM

The Williams sisters’ display of affection with Maria Sharapova wasn’t just for show.

Tennis fans were incredibly surprised to see Sharapova and the two Americans get together at the exclusive Met Gala in New York this week as the Russian posted a photo of the trio to her Instagram.

Venus shared the snap on her social media channels, as did Serena — which came as a shock considering her icy rivalry with Sharapova.

They weren’t just putting on some fake smiles for the camera, as another picture revealed they were in the bathroom together at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art. Brazilian pop star Anitta and American rapper Saweetie posed for a photo and eagle-eyed sleuths on social media noticed in the reflection of the mirror, Serena could be seen standing next to Sharapova and smiling.

Hairstyle Shoulder Muscle Eyelash Waist

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Match Points: “Osaka could learn a lot from Maria Sharapova about how to have some control of her career”

September 24, 2021

Naomi Osaka looked a lost soul at the US Open, when, after she lost in the third round to Canada’s Leylah Fernandez, she said she is likely to take a break from the sport.

In the latest edition of Match Points, former Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli and journalists Simon Cambers and Carole Bouchard discuss some of the big talking points surrounding Osaka, whose mental health struggles have been one of the biggest headlines of the tennis year.

BOUCHARD: “SAY NO TO A PHOTO SHOOT IF YOU DON’T HAVE A SAY”

Bouchard says Osaka would be wise to take some advice from Maria Sharapova, to see how she handled fame and fortune on the tennis tour.

“How to be a businesswoman, but to be in charge of what you’re doing, to be in charge of your destiny, in a way, saying no to a photo shoot if you don’t have a say; Maria has really dealt with it in a way like: “I’m not going to be this pretty thing everybody’s doing a photo shoot about and having no say about anything,” Bouchard says. “She’s really dominating what’s happening around her.

“I think Naomi is maybe feeling she’s losing the control over what’s going on around her because she’s not in power. And I really think there’s a lot of things to learn from Maria Sharapova.”

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Fernandez eager to return to action after Sharapova pep talk

Oct 5 (Reuters) - Canada's Leylah Fernandez, who lost in the final of the U.S. Open, said on Tuesday she has since received advice from five-times Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova and cannot wait to get back on court.

A day after falling to British teenager Emma Raducanu in last month's final, Fernandez attended New York's annual Met Gala where she had a chance to speak with Sharapova.

"She gave me some pretty good advice," Fernandez, 19, told reporters ahead of her return to competition this week at Indian Wells for the BNP Paribas Open. "I don't want to disclose any of it because it's very personal for me.

"She's an amazing person. She told me her own experience and the way that she was able to bounce back and she's just a great person, great inspiration to kind of look up to."

4141 - 4155 of 4155 Posts