Tennis Forum banner

4021 - 4029 of 4029 Posts

·
SharaFamily
21,137 Posts
I wonder if Mouratoglou realizes that Serena minus crisp movement has less chance of winning a grandslam.
  • Serena beat Wang easily last year, now she got beat m in a tight set. What does that say? Serena’s game is on a standstill, while other players evolve. Or has Serena’s game regressed?
  • serena refuses to make adjustments. She can no longer stand soo close to the baseline, inside a baseline. Even top men stand back to receive and return aggressively. Serena lost a lot of points just overhitting her mark. People have gotten stronger, better serves, better placement. You can’t just show up, you’ve got to be in the zone for ever match. Step back and punish those balls.
  • Movement is very limited now. Stretch her out, and she starts yelling out. In stress. It’s awful to hear her struggle, while the other player just punished her. Serena hates cardio, and that’s why her movement has declined.
  • Serena’s practice sessions pretty much don’t push her, test her limits. I think Patrick doesn’t give her a reality check, make her go to extreme side to side lateral movement. She’s always hitting in comfort, when she finds a player that can counter her power and move her, she panics and the whole game collapses.
  • Serena May try working on her baseline game more. Maybe call in the top make players to learn how to play aggressive hard hitting players. She’s playing a game that was superior in 2000 and is now not going to cut it. The girls caught up to her, and are now passing her.
  • serena has been playing for 25years or more, everyone knows her game. Girls studies her tendencies. She stopped being a student of the game. Her Game never improved. Forehand at some point was firm in 2013, now it’s just inconsistent. Serve is faulty, movement is all but gone.
  • I know people said that Serena looked fit, to me she looked very heavy. For a sportsperson, cardio running is what makes a player light on his/her feet. Serena has all kinds of fat pockets sticking out. Her back, waist, thighs. If she really ran for 45mins to 1hr 4x to 5x a week for 6 weeks and reduced carbs and went vegetarian, she would drop easily 10-15kg and she would be a force to deal with. But I don’t know that she has that in her at almost 40. She’s just too bulky. Her joints must be hurting, and that’s the challenge that comes with age.
  • Serena works hard for a woman with a young child, but she has to do much much more if this is that important to her. She has to worker harder than she has ever, sacrifice even more. She has to live breath fitness and tennis. Take time to studies videos hours of the top players, learn what they do better than her and accept criticism. Otherwise we can just say thank you for the great ride. She’s definitely the GOAT and most consistent player ever. I will definitely miss her greatness.

• If she comes back I would love to see her retool her game, surprise people. We are used to the power and the serve, now People got over that. Less court noise more skillz. I want to see her throw in drop shots confidently, I want to see her go toe to toe from the baseline without making agonizing noises because of the stress and come out a winner. I want to see her serve effortlessly! That serve is very strained and very faulty unlike in her prime.
  • I want to look at her and feel like, this woman is fit, fit fit lean and just that superior. What I saw in the open is someone trying to sneak a win when she knows she’s not in great shape to compete. So maybe her time and is now going very fast. It’s up to her to make more sacrifices, to push herself even more. I don’t know if she is, I actually feel she will try, but she’s not going to take it up a few notches.

I think the problem with Maria is exactly here

• Sharapova refuses to make adjustments. She can no longer stand soo close to the baseline, inside a baseline. Even top men stand back to receive and return aggressively. People have gotten stronger, better serves, better placement. You can’t just show up, you’ve got to be in the zone for ever match. Step back and punish those balls.
  • Movement is very limited now. Stretch her out and She's in trouble. It’s awful to see her struggle, while the other player just punished her. Sharapova hates cardio (don't know why she enjoys muscle excersice more), and that’s why her movement has declined.
  • Sharapova’s practice sessions pretty much don’t push her, test her limits. I think her hitting partner doesn’t give her a reality check, make her go to extreme side to side lateral movement. She’s always hitting in comfort, when she finds a player that can counter her power and move her, she panics and the whole game collapses.
  • Sharapova’s has been playing for almost 20years, everyone knows her game. Girls studies her tendencies. She stopped being a student of the game. Her Game never improved. Forehand and Backhand now it’s just inconsistent. Serve is faulty, movement is all but gone.
  • Sharapova’s works hard but she has to do much much more if this is that important to her. She has to worker harder than she has ever, sacrifice even more. She has to live breath fitness and tennis. Take time to studies videos hours of the top players, learn what they do better than her and accept criticism. Otherwise we can just say thank you for the great ride.

And the most important thing is as her fan we need to know how good her shoulder is, cause in last 3 years, I can't see that fire in her, just tired looking/feeling from her.

4021 - 4029 of 4029 Posts