Tennis Forum banner

4001 - 4020 of 4029 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Has anyone seen anything about Maria training for the exho?
Yes. She is in Italy and training with Piatti, visited Tourin and had a hit there too. She's also posting pretty regularly about her trainings on her IG. Mostly from the gym but I think she's on court too.
She had a Q&A on her IG a few days ago and she's definitely playing in Abu Dhabi :)

·
Milk and honey
3,282 Posts
Dark mode is definitely better for the evenings but I hate it - and no smilies? Awfullll.

Looking forward to Maria playing Anisimova in Abu Dhabi because I've wanted that match to happen for a while, so at least I'll get it in some capacity.

·
Registered
83,658 Posts
She didn´t play any WTA event before Melbourne?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yeah I’d love to know if how her schedule is for Australia. She’ll need a lot of help for WC since she can’t gain MD direct entry. I don’t see her playing qualifying rounds at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83,658 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
When will the forum restore the social media buttons in the post editing box? Now you have to type the codes yourself to embed a youtube video or a tweet.
Well I was wrong, you just need to post the link if you want to embed a social media post. But other problems are: you can't edit a post after 24 hours; you can't delete your posts.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Amanda talks about Maria in this article

Since the Nike deal, Anisimova is now spoken of in the same way as Sharapova, whom she idolized as a kid. She even had a poster of the Russian superstar hanging in her childhood bedroom.

“I love her fighting spirit on and off the court,” she said.

As a budding athlete, Anisimova watched Sharapova play at the Miami Open, and, when she was 8 years old, her hero signed her favorite hat.

“[It was] an amazing moment for me,” she said.

Anisimova isn’t sure where the autographed cap is these days, but she and Sharapova have forged a more tangible bond. They share an agent, Max Eisenbud and sat together at his 2018 wedding.

“I was like ‘Wait, Maria is at my table!’” the teen said. “It was a really fun night.”

4001 - 4020 of 4029 Posts