Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have a pic of Anna looking FABULOUS...:drool:

But she was carrying tennis racquets and they said that the pic was taken outside the National Tennis Center where she was registering for the 2003 US Open... :rolleyes: or :confused: definatly :p

·
Registered
115,208 Posts
In USA Today, Michael Hiestand says Anna, (and her marketing team ), are launching the $39 Anna Bra.
So New York might be partly a business trip for Anna.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
well according to Ivana Humpalot from the NY Daily News.. Anna's only in town to participate in Arthur Ash Kids Day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
goldenlox said:
In USA Today, Michael Hiestand says Anna, (and her marketing team ), are launching the $39 Anna Bra.
So New York might be partly a business trip for Anna.
Actually Anna is going to help open the NASDAQ Market Site tomorrow to promote the product.

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=56607

Amazon.com [AMZN] Founder and CEO and Anna Kournikova to Open The NASDAQ Stock Market
‘Anna Multiway Sports Bra’ Available Exclusively at Amazon.com
-- (MARKET WIRE) -- 08/21/2003 --

What:

Jeff Bezos, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of online retailer Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN), and U.S. Women’s Tennis Professional Anna Kournikova will join NASDAQ host Bob Greifeld, President and Chief Executive Officer, to preside over the Market Open.

Where:

NASDAQ MarketSite -- 4 Times Square -- 43rd & Broadway -- Broadcast Studio

When:

Friday, August 22, 2003 at 9:30 a.m.

Why:

Together, Jeff Bezos and Anna Kournikova will announce that the “Anna Kournikova Multiway Sports Bra,” designed by Shock Absorber especially for the tennis superstar, will be available to U.S. customers for the first time, only at Amazon.com. Shock Absorber, a women’s performance wear manufacturer known widely in Europe, has teamed up with Anna to design a revolutionary sports bra for active women.

The NASDAQ Stock Market welcomes Jeff and Anna to the Market Open.

·
Registered
115,208 Posts
Remember, any company that wants to use Anna's name has to pay her a fortune.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Only New York yuppies would spend that kind of $ for underwear; never mind who's endorsing it. I mean, you only get the bra for your $39, not Anna for a doubles partner. ;)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Not anymore, Goldenlox. Not anymore. When Anna's major contracts run out she's going to have to accept low ball offers to stay associated with companies like Adidas and Omega.

And it's a business trip for Anna. It's not about tennis. And that's sad. :sad: But that's the reality of her situation. She's in New York to push her sports bra and to be on Enrique Iglasias' arm at the upcoming VMA awards.

And why in the world would a serious tennis player who's had serious ankle injuries wear stilleto heels? Anna looked good in the photo. But I get the feeling that tennis is not the first thing on her mind.

·
Registered
115,208 Posts
I think Anna as a businesswoman deserves a little praise.
She knows how to make money.

·
Registered
25,276 Posts
the cat said:
Not anymore, Goldenlox. Not anymore. When Anna's major contracts run out she's going to have to accept low ball offers to stay associated with companies like Adidas and Omega.

And it's a business trip for Anna. It's not about tennis. And that's sad. :sad: But that's the reality of her situation. She's in New York to push her sports bra and to be on Enrique Iglasias' arm at the upcoming VMA awards.

And why in the world would a serious tennis player who's had serious ankle injuries wear stilleto heels? Anna looked good in the photo. But I get the feeling that tennis is not the first thing on her mind.
Anna has to assure her future ...

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
goldenlox said:
I think Anna as a businesswoman deserves a little praise.
She knows how to make money.
I agree, goldenlox. Here she is, having played fewer than 10 matches all year, still getting in the news & hawking products. Her management team is clearly working very hard to keep her in the public eye, despite her absence from WTA play, and it is working. You've got to hand it to them. And she hired them, so she deserves credit for that, too.

None of it is helping to change her image as a tennis ornament, though!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
GL, why does Anna deserve praise as a businesswoman? And it's her acumen as a businesswoman that has taken her away from her tennis career. Gene Scott of Tennis Week magazine said Anna once lost a match at the Lipton tournament in Key Biscayne, Florida and a short time after the loss she was doing an interview with a fashion magazine. :rolleyes:

Anna may have put in the physical dedication to become a top tennis player. But I don't think she gave a full mental committment to tennis. She's had a huge career as a businesswoman. And she's had to think about that for the past 6 years. And her wandering mind hurt her developement as a tennis player.

·
Registered
115,208 Posts
I can't read Anna's mind. Whenever I see her, like WTT, she's having a great time.
At the Enrique concerts, a great time.
I tend to think she might actually enjoy her life.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Good point, GL. Anna is enjoying her life to the max! :) And she has milked Anna mania to a tee! But I think her true fans are most hurt by her failures as a tennis player than she is. Anna is still fabulous. Anna seems happy. But as a fan of hers for 11 and a half years (I read an tremendous article on Anna in the New York Times in February of 1992 and I was amazed by Anna's brilliance and potential :D !), I am unhappy because she has let down her fans as a tennis player. And I don't think she has the desire at this point in her life to give 100% of herself to tennis. :( She has other things going on.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
$39 for a sports bra is a decent price.

unless you shop at walmart, thats an average price range.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
LOL! I always buy quality name brand sports bras, and I NEVER pay over $25. But, I don't live in Manhattan. To me, paying $39 is downright silly. :D

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
i usually buy adidas and they range somewhere from 28-45

my regular bras usually cost 35-50

where the hell do you find them so cheap???

1 - 20 of 61 Posts