Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
32,000 Posts
Tamara really too erratic in the 3rd set. Feels like a missed opportunity for her. Yulia was very solid though.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Congrats on winning the 1st WTA title of your career, Yulia ! :D :bounce:

A big moment in her career. Finally. Happy for her. She really deserves it :yeah:
Yulia is such a big fighter. How she came back to win after 4-6. That was impressive !
She plays smart tennis with a lot of variety: high, flat, slices, dropshots, strong defense :worship:
Her serve improved a lot in 2nd and 3rd set. That was one of the keys.
The great dropshot from Yulia to make it 4-6 3-1 15-15 ! :drool:

Tamara :hug:

A very good tournament from her. She showed her talent, reached her 1st WTA final :)
Her huge forehand is a big weapon. Also her serve is good. She has the complete package.
Tamara can be proud of herself/of her strong week. BTW who is her handsome coach ?

It was a great final. Entertaining, high-quality tennis. Respect to both players !
The crowd was on Zidansek's side. They supported and cheered a lot more for her.
(No surprise after Yulia's bad behaviour towards Friedsam. They did not forget it.)
Also beautiful weather at the end of the tournament. A lot of sunshine :hearts:

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
congratulations Putin, i didn't realize she hadn't won one yet! I first saw her in our local Birmingham 25K final 5 years ago, she's come a long way.

·
Registered
44,872 Posts
I have to say this was a thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable match. :worship: Some fantastic exchanges between the two of them. :eek: :yeah:
Tamara showed even greater potential than I ever thought she has I though Top50 would be her ceiling, but she could certainly push for Top30 with some improvements on her serve and better movement on other surfaces. :)

Yulia :worship: I have huge respect for her winning her very first title being a top seed for the first time in her career. Usually players struggle in that position if they are not used to it, but she rose to the challenge.
And while her behaviour is certainly questionable at times it is very commendable for her to give her full effort in a week before defending a slam QF and not just checking out at some point.
It is nice to see her effort not go to waste, but her being rewarded in a way for it. Don’t think she will do too much in Paris, but even if she drops she built a cushion here and has the money of being titleless off of her back. :)

Tamara :hug: As I said before some brilliant stuff from her especially early on. Hopefully she will take the positives from it and learned some valuable lessons. It is only her second real year on tour and she is steadily climbing. She built a nice cushion as well with her title in Bol coming off during the second week of Paris. :D
Hopefully next time in a final will go her way! :)

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Congrats to Putin and her inmense defence in that 3rd set. Really frustrated Tamara who had to hit a couple of winners in a rally just to win a point.
The future looks bright for Tamara though. If she develops her serve and gets some more consistency with her level of agression, she should reach top 50 and more, maybe top 30.
Btw anyone else feels her forehand execution looks a lot like JMDP's?

·
Registered
44,872 Posts
Princess Poots wins the big prize in Nuremberg.
I thought Poots was quite reserved, for her, on winning the tournament.
I thought she might do a triple backward series of flips.
She clashed with the crowd a couple of times this week so maybe this was still in the back of her mind. :rolls:

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts