6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
333: Previously Un-nominated vol. 4

song: Zim Zimmer
artist: Lulu James
writer:Lulu James, Tanzanian Collaborators & Amir Amor Max Abraham’s
EP: Lulu James presents 3rdCultureKid
year: 2019

Greg Dulli mentioned her music years ago. Gave it a listen and really liked it. This song was top 5 for me last year.

Reaction:

Hugues Daniel
- Lulu James: typical, for me, of a track that needs at least a second listen. The festive aspect (that often bugs me) is here totally well done, beautiful, and I was finally taken by that. It's 3:30 long, and there's stuff going on in that track on many levels. I like the vocals, and the tasty, creative sounds and rhythms. It's joyful, sometime even moving, never heavy or annoying.

Potapovian - Song Forty-Three – Lulu James - Zim Zimmer
THE standout song of the game, simply flawless... LOVED IT. What an amazing finisher, I loved SF2 more than SF1 for the first time in ages.
SRB Analyst - Lulu James is definitely one of the standouts of this game. Very good!

ChainedX - Song Forty-Three – Lulu James - Zim Zimmer- 5/5
A fantastic end to this game. I'll have a hard time distributing points but this is getting some high ones.

DuaZeepa - Song Forty-Three – Lulu James - Zim Zimmer
the music video is great and the song is even better. good end to a mediocre semi. Second half of this semi is better than the first half.

SRB Analyst - I liked the first minute of Lulu James' song... but what happened after just ruined that phenomenal impression... Sad...

Fortitude - Oeh the guessing game!
DuaZeepa - Zim Zimmer

Results:

12 - Potapovian
10 - aerosmash
8 - Wozzy!, N.M., DuaZeepa, danyal123
7 -
6 - stromatolite, Adam, Marucic
5 - Marucic
4 - AdeyC, Pierre.
3 - Hugues Daniel
2 - SRB Analyst, Fortitude, Poldo, wayitis
1 - ChainedX, TennisFan102, TIEFSEE
0 - 14/34

Placing: 11th

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
334: The Far East: Asian Elegance

Simply put, it must be a song sung in the East Asian languages of either Chinese, Japanese or Korean, by an artist from one of those 3 countries. - Pierre.

song: Do Androids Dream of Electric Guitar?
artist: FauloCity feat. 조동희
writer: 현진식
EP: Fuzzy Nation
year: 2015
South Korea

I had heard some Japanese shoegaze before, but decided to also check out SK and found my new favourite song. :)

Reaction:

Hugues Daniel
- ...and song 12 is typical shoegaze, where I spot beauty... but I sure hope the singer plugs her ears during the sessions otherwise she'll be deaf before her 40s.
Hugues Daniel - Neither that FauloCity song because it's too bad for my ears (and, may I say, yours). I mean, it really hurts the ears, it's not a question of musical quality. You have to wonder if it's worth it. Why not keeping your ears safe? Don't you need them all your life?

Results:

12 - Adam, Litotes
10 - Sammo, Laurent Moy
8 - SilverPersian, The Crow
7 -
6 -
5 - TennisFan102, histery
4 - Beat, N.M., Shvedbarilsecu
3 - Northstar, Pierre., Boreas
2 -
1 -
0 - 16/30

Placing: 8th

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
335: Girl Groups vs. Boy Groups

my theme is girl groups vs boy groups (duos are allowed) - danyal123

song: BFF
artist: Girls Against Boys
writer: Girls Against Boys
album: You Can't Fight What You Can't See
year: 2002

Reaction:

DuaZeepa
- the song reminds me of 2000s rom coms

Beat - yes
(had completely forgotten this band ever existed)

Results:

semi-final one

12 - Laurent Moy
10 - Lord Choc Ice, Silent Bird
8 -
7 - Beat
6 - Shvedbarilescu, SilverPersian
5 - Northstar
4 -
3 - DuaZeepa, The Crow
2 - TIEFSEE
1 - SRB Analyst
0 - 21/32

17th of 19

Placing: DNQ

Thought the band name was clever for the game.

Reactions: Laurent Moy

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
336: Apocalypse Now

song: Mathematics of Chaos
artist: Killing Joke
writer: Jaz Coleman/Youth/Geordie Walker
album: Pandemonium
year: 1994

Reaction:

Boreas -
Mathemathics of Chaos 🧷🧷🧷🧷🧷
The Crow - I'm sorry, but this just cracks me up. Never would have thought this is a song you'd like.

Hugues - Killing Joke: no joke, killer track. I think Number19 sent this one (that or Primal Scream). Number19 has various tastes but he likes the block density of intricated rock guitars when he picks stuff that rocks. :)

The Crow - Killing Joke - Mathematics Of Chaos: great song from the great album Pandemonium (is it theme-compliant, you ask? ;)). I've sent a song of that album before (I guess it was the title song?). If you don't feel the Apocalypse coming when listening to this, I don't know what will every bring you in the right spirit ;)

Results:

12 - wayitis
10 - The Crow, SilverPersian
8 -
7 - Northstar, Matmagix
6 - AdeyC, Hugues Daniel, N.M.
5 - Perun
4 - SRB Analyst
3 - danyal123, Boreas
2 -
1 -
0 - 19/31

Placing: 17th

Reactions: The Crow

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
337: World Music

song: Dombolo
artist: Les Amazones d'Afrique feat. Angélique Kidjo
album: République Amazone
year: 2017

Results:

12 - AdeyC, Adam
10 - DuaZeepa
8 -
7 - N.M., Litotes
6 - JMG, Laurent Moy, Matmagix
5 -
4 - The Crow, Leif
3 - Mustafina
2 - Poldo
1 - SilverPersian, Sammo
0 - 11/25

Placing: 10th

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
338: Punk Rock Girls

song: Watch Your Back
artist: The Coathangers
album: Nosebleed Weekend
year: 2016

Results:

12 - The Crow, DuaZeepa
10 -
8 -
7 - Fortitude, Cindy and Kate
6 - Javi
5 -
4 - AdeyC, Laurent Moy
3 - Northstar, Adam, Leif
2 - Beat
1 - SRB Analyst
0 - 11/23

Placing: 11th

Reactions: The Crow

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
339: Easy Listening

Send a song or a piece of music that qualifies as Easy Listening, by the definition given by Rate Your Music or Wikipedia. All subgenres (defined by RYM) or derivative forms (mentionned in Wiki) are accepted and even welcome, such as Exotica, Light Music, Lounge, Pops Orchestra, Space Age Pop, etc. You can go beyond the array of those genres if you think your choice fits with what Easy Listening is or means. - Hugues

song: Cannibal Holocaust (Main Theme)
artist: Riz Ortolani
writer: Riz Ortolani
soundtrack: Cannibal Holocaust
year: 1980

Cannibal Holocaust is one of the most notorious movies ever made. Banned in some 50 countries. The movie was an innovator also, with the use of "found footage" more than 15 years before The Blair Witch Project, as a documentary crew goes into the jungle to film a cannibal indigenous tribe. But that wasn't the reason for it's banning. The movie was about capitalist exploitation and media sensationalism, and yet the making involved exploitation itself with animals being killed solely for the film, to go along with the extreme gore and sexual violence. It also made the media sensationalism real, as murder charges were brought on director, Ruggero Deodato, in Italy days after the films release, as it was thought it really was found footage of a documentary crew and that had died for real.

I sent the main theme from the movie because of the incongruity of its title and movie to the actual music and the theme of this game.

Discussion:

Shvedbarilescu
- How brilliant is it to select a song called "Cannibal Holocaust" for the Easy Listening theme? Title sounds like a song for an extreme doom metal theme. Yet, despite that, the best part is that it is ultra theme compliant. Genius selection. :D
Beat - "cannibal holocaust" is a famous movie. i naver dared to watch it (real animal killings and stuff), but i know and love the soundtrack.
Shvedbarilescu - Yeah, it's like giallo movies aren't really my kind of thing in terms of the gory killings and blood but I do like the chicness of them and all the stylish 60s European actresses and of course the awesome Italian soundtracks.

N.M. - my 2 cents:

1) my vulture fits
2) i watched cannibal holocaust

Results:

12 - AdeyC, Beat, Laurent Moy, Matmagix
10 - SRB Analyst
8 - wayitis, Silent Bird
7 - The Crow
6 - DropShotAce
5 -
4 - histery
3 - Hugues
2 - Litotes
1 - N.M.
0 - 11/24

Placing: 3rd

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
341: Nostalgic Nights

song: Jumbo
artist: Underworld
writer: Underworld
album: Beaucoup Fish
year: 1999

When this song came out in 1999, it was giving nostalgic vibes of my childhood, despite the song nor any elements of the song existing from my childhood. Now, 21 years later, like then, it gives nostalgic vibes but no concrete memories of my past (pasts?) o_O

Results:

12 - Silent Bird
10 - Beat, SilverPersian, Shvedbarilescu
8 - Litotes, Adam
7 -
6 -
5 - Hugues
4 -
3 -
2 - The Crow, zvonarevarulz, histery, TennisFan102
1 - SRB Analyst
0 - 8/20