Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find these numbers amazing, considering the criticism that the Williams sisters receive regarding not playing enough tournaments:

Active Player # WTA titles won

Seles 51<br />Hingis 38<br />Davenport 37<br />Martinez 32<br />ASV 29<br />Venus 21<br />Pierce 15<br />Huber 12<br />Capriati 12<br />Serena 12<br />Magdelena 8<br />Coetzer 8<br />Tauziat 8<br />Amelie 6<br />Schnyder 6<br />Clijsters 6<br />Henin 4<br />Testud 3<br />Rubin 3<br />Schett 3<br />Dokic 3<br />Megann 2 <br />Raymond 2<br />Kournikova 0

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: rmc ]

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: rmc ]</p>

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the corrections.

Looks to me like Venus and Serena are doing something right.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In a display of my ignorance, Miranda, I was shocked too. But, I didn't want to insult the JCap fans, who I KNOW would have thought I was picking on her. I thought JCap had accomplished more than she obviously did before her downfall.

On the other hand, you get a better appreciation for Seles, ASV, Martinez, gain a perspective into the dominance of Lindsay and Martina, and in my opinion are dumfounded at how much of a dent Serena and Venus have made without playing the number of tournaments of most of the other players.

But in honestly, JCap's numbers shocked me the most. I had always thought she had dominated by winning more titles when she was younger. For some reason, I thought she was more in a Seles category back then.

Hey, before you attack give us credit for being late comers to the stats on the history of the sport.

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: rmc ]</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts