Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some people says after charleston she become n°1, it's true or false????????????????:confused:

·
Registered
760 Posts
She must pray for Serena not winning tomorrow or lose early in Charleston I guess :)

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
this disgusts me that it's even up for conversation. serena's results over safina's any day, and i'm a fan of safina's. serena belongs in the top spot.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Fuck Larry Scott? Oh he quit. Never mind......

·
Registered
170,920 Posts

·
Registered
36,225 Posts
Dinara will be number one, but to retain the position, she needs to work to make her serve more consistent. However, if she can retain confidence in her ability to come back, the serve failings may not be so horrible at RG. I definitely could see her reaching the semis. It may be difficult to reach the final again, though.

·
Banned
5,480 Posts
She should not play just for a few weeks. That's what she must do. She would be a shameful #1 and she knows it.

Who cares if people like you think it's shameful. If she has the opportunity to get #1, she better try her best to go for it even if it means losing in the 3rd round of tournaments. Get those points because she might NEVER have a chance to be #1 again. 99% of people would rather be a shameful #1, then not get there at all.

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
You people are too hard on Safina. She tries to play her best and the results show that. Dont blame her, blame the ranking system. Do you expect her to voluntarily lose on purpose?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I think Serena is for once actually pretty motivated to stay at #1.

It's possible that really she cares more than most of her fans claim to think, and her comments earlier this week seemed as though she was pretty sure she should stay at #1. Maybe she's determined to get there.

Anyway, if she wins Miami, and then proceeds to win Marbella aren't Serena's chances pretty good?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Dina ought to win RG or one of the other slams, that would ease her mind about reaching the top spot (and shut a few people up). :shrug:

·
Registered
132 Posts
yes she should care if she's going to go down in the ranking better be to someone who is storng enough to stay number one and good enough not someone who is depending on you losing to get there. If Safina want to be number 1 play like win win big touraments and for petes sake win a flipping grandslam or just naff off

·
Registered
16,443 Posts
You people are too hard on Safina. She tries to play her best and the results show that. Dont blame her, blame the ranking system. Do you expect her to voluntarily lose on purpose?

The ranking system is fine. And on the positive side, when Safina makes the #1 ranking, which was long overdue due to her fabulous results from last year, it will maybe make Serena chose a less stupid tournament schedule so that she fulfill her committments to the WTA Tour without getting injured after every 2nd or 3rd tournament. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
114,756 Posts
She will be the 6th different #1 in less than a year, and it changed back and forth between Jelena and Serena.
So it's been almost a monthly change since Justine retired.
And Lena and Venus aren't far away.
Plus Vera made the YEC final, AO SF and won IW. She'll be in the mix in a few months

1 - 17 of 17 Posts