Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see Serena play Ameile!!

Should be a great match. Tuesday I suppose. Good I plan to watch on a big screen TV!!

I hope to see Serena or Amelie win it all!! Can't wait to see the French crowd go beserk over Amelie. They probably will have a few drinks and cut loose!! :D :eek: :lick: :wavey:

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I want to see Serena DEFEND!

I think that Venus' loss will motivate Serena even more to do it for both of them. :p

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
I want proof that Venus is "ok" and that she is rehabilitating on Wimbledon's grass courts in a few days.

Reactions: Lien

·
Banned
845 Posts
I give Venus a lot of credit for getting this far in the tournment with an abdominal injury. I felt she should not have played. She is a true champion. Get well soon Venus.

·
Banned
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to see Steffi some more too. nice to see her on tv during agassi match.

If serena loses that helps venus in the rankings but i hope to see a three set match.

I do have to say deep in my heart I want Amelie to win since she is French and it would be great for her. I mean I want Ameile to win the whole tournament now that Venus is out.

Also I want Martina Navratilova to win the doubles.

Wonder where griffin is?

Earth to griffin! COME IN!!! :wavey:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,109 Posts
I'm really just hoping for a good match Tennis wise......ie points won on winners not errors. Oh and yeah, of course I'd like Serena to win!!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Well, I want the champion to be:

1. Serena Williams
2. Chanda Rubin
3. Nadia Petrova
4. Justine Henin-Hardenne
5. Conchita Martinez
6. Kim Clijsters
7. Vera Zvonareva
8. Amelie Mauresmo

In that order, which obviously means, I would root for anyone over Amelie. :rolleyes:

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
I want Serena to continue the Williams dominance. :bounce:

With Venus losing early, she won't have many points to defend next year...or even in the first six months. I hope she takes advantage of it and make a run for the No. 1 spot. ;) For this year, I want Venus to work on her second serve and her forehand. She's too good of a player to have such a weak second serve.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I don't dislike Amelie, I just like the other 7 better. :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think deep down if Venus Williams thought she was good enough to win Roland Garros '03 she would have won that match today. For her getting to the final and losing is a curse where for most players it is a blessing. Her grand slam winning ways would not return on her weakest surface but rather on her strongest, grass or US hard courts.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Conchita, Momo, Chanda or Justine :)

I'd also like to see Venus win Wimby :D

·
Banned
3,823 Posts
As long as Henin or Clijsters don't win, I'm cool. I'm rooting for Rena and Chanda! :):):)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
oops, I forgot. I won't be that upset if Rena wins again. :D

·
Premium Member
20,741 Posts
Well I was worried about Venus aggrivating her injury more, but then in her 3rd match she looked so good I got so hopeful....and now :sad: Oh well C'est La Vie it was just a tennis match in the end.

Of course now I will root for Miss.Serena Williams I'd like to see her defend her title. If she cannot however I would love to see Justine take it, she has alwasy been a sentimental favorite of mine for this title. My 3rd choice would be Chanda she is so overlooked.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts