Tennis Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
Uhm haven't they already started when Kim reached #1 by questioning her ranking, the fact she hasn't won a slam yet and seems to fold in big matches?
And what about the drug insinuations about Justine, that were mainly started by the media?

·
Registered
47,534 Posts
My guess is that the media won´t rail on the Belgian girls as long as they gave us their straigth sets classics where only one of them shows up! :lol:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well I don't think there will be more all-belgian finals in the future, there might be lots of Williams-Belgian finals and I'm sure there will be more all-Williams finals.

Anyway, I believe the 1st grand slam final Venus and Serena played each other, they were RIPPED by the commentators. Criticized from the 1st point.

However, I have not heard any comments regarding the bad quality of the Belgian finals, and that is unfair.

They seem to hold the Williams sisters to a top standard.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I actually think that some of the "doping" controversy is sort of taking the place of the "how boring is it when the williams win all the time" stories..

honestly, the frenzy that the european press has gone about this is amazing..it has not QUITE reached such proportions in the states. but i'm sure it will start to pick up in intensity soon, especially if carlos and Lei continue lobbying their grenades...

I do think that the media has already latched on quite heartily to the "#1 without a slam" story and now the "belgian vs. belgian" story with *some* of the same relish as they harped on the williams vs. williams matches...

its hard to be on top.. the press really comes afteryou.. I think Venus and Serena have seen this up close and personal and now Kim and Justine are too...

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
RAA said:
I actually think that some of the "doping" controversy is sort of taking the place of the "how boring is it when the williams win all the time" stories..

honestly, the frenzy that the european press has gone about this is amazing..it has not QUITE reached such proportions in the states. but i'm sure it will start to pick up in intensity soon, especially if carlos and Lei continue lobbying their grenades...

I do think that the media has already latched on quite heartily to the "#1 without a slam" story and now the "belgian vs. belgian" story with *some* of the same relish as they harped on the williams vs. williams matches...

its hard to be on top.. the press really comes afteryou.. I think Venus and Serena have seen this up close and personal and now Kim and Justine are too...
funny but it seems to me that they are the ones going to the press. Maybe if they wouldn't do that there wouldnt be a controversy about doping. :lol:

maybe they should try the no comment approach or the they can have their own opinion comment that v and s use. it squashes controversy by not adding fuel to the fire.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Josh said:
Uhm haven't they already started when Kim reached #1 by questioning her ranking, the fact she hasn't won a slam yet and seems to fold in big matches?
And what about the drug insinuations about Justine, that were mainly started by the media?
I had to read your post ten times over to accept the fact that someone in here is actually talking some sense :eek:.

:worship:

·
Premium Member
19,841 Posts
It's funny because now that the Belgians are dominating you don't hear anything about how boring their two slam finals have been or how they are dominating the tour at the moment. The commentators have not even said ANYTHING. I haven't heard them say,"who will beat the belgians? Their domination is boring. I am just waiting for someone to say something about it, but it seems they seem to escape any type of criticism in this manner. Cybelle is right also, because it seems the only negative press the belgians get is created from within their own parties. When Venus and Serena were #1 and #2 this was not the case.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
harloo said:
It's funny because now that the Belgians are dominating you don't hear anything about how boring their two slam finals have been or how they are dominating the tour at the moment. The commentators have not even said ANYTHING. I haven't heard them say,"who will beat the belgians? Their domination is boring. I am just waiting for someone to say something about it, but it seems they seem to escape any type of criticism in this manner. Cybelle is right also, because it seems the only negative press the belgians get is created from within their own parties. When Venus and Serena were #1 and #2 this was not the case.
It's proally because it's only been 6 days after US Open final.:rolleyes: You silly maggot!:D

·
Registered
47,534 Posts
harloo said:
word! The two all- Belgian finals have been more boring anything the sisters have put up so far! Yet....no word from the press about the quality! Heck the world no.2 gets bageled in a slam final and no peep.

But it´s aight....the sisters don´t care about the press anyways!

·
Premium Member
19,841 Posts
Martian KC said:
It's proally because it's only been 6 days after US Open final.:rolleyes: You silly maggot!:D
Boy that's record time for the media to not write an article discussing a final when it's two players dominating. Trust me, if Venus and Serena were #1 and #2 seeded and played the French and the US Open finals you would have 10 articles within 6 DAYS talking about their domination and how the other women should step up and beat them, and how boring the final was. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
bandabou said:
word! The two all- Belgian finals have been more boring anything the sisters have put up so far! Yet....no word from the press about the quality! Heck the world no.2 gets bageled in a slam final and no peep.

But it´s aight....the sisters don´t care about the press anyways!
Apparently, their fans do. It's rather sad to try to live your lives through your favs.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts