Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think the media and tennis commentators will start crticizing their dominaton of the tour? This is all we heard about whem Venus and Serena became number one and two and the jealous sniping from certain players (I won't name them; we know who they are). Or will they say how great this is that there is finally competiton (even though there was competition when V&S were atop the rankings), congradulate Kim and Justine for their great play in 2003 and criticize V&S for not playing as much in 2003 (even though they are injured)?

BTW, notice the same bigmouths have not said anything bad about Kim and Justine being atop the rankings.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
No it is a completely different situation!

because unlike Venus and Serena, Justine and Kim don't start controversies with other players, they dont play power tennis (which ruins the game of tennis BTW), they dont try to slaughter their opponents, they are not dominating tennis by getting to slam finals and hogging all the other titles, and they dont play a lot of tennis... :p

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are considered numbers one and two in the world, but they are not ranked numbers one and two anymore. At the present time, they both have winnign records against Kim and Justine.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
No,I don't think the media will say anything negative regarding J&K making all the finals.

Hell I am still.. YES STILL waiting on the media to talk about how horrible these two play against each other in finals.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dawn Marie said:
No,I don't think the media will say anything negative regarding J&K making all the finals.

Hell I am still.. YES STILL waiting on the media to talk about how horrible these two play against each other in finals.
You can keep waiting because that will neber happen.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
The more you play. The shorter your career. I like the Williams game plan. Play less beat everybody...stroll home with the bigger checks and trophies. I could care less whose 1 and 2 now. Trust me they know its because of overplaying...and when they lose....and they will....they will feel stupid. Like Kim feels now.

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ballbuster said:
The more you play. The shorter your career. I like the Williams game plan. Play less beat everybody...stroll home with the bigger checks and trophies.
you know, that's a very good point. There are a few exceptions to the rule, but for the most part, I think that that should be applied more often, for those that are among the best, that is, since they can afford not to play as much.

·
Chionophile
40,070 Posts
Ballbuster said:
The more you play. The shorter your career. I like the Williams game plan. Play less beat everybody...stroll home with the bigger checks and trophies. I could care less whose 1 and 2 now. Trust me they know its because of overplaying...and when they lose....and they will....they will feel stupid. Like Kim feels now.
Well it's convenient that you didn't bring up Justine cause she's only played 3 less tournaments than Kim. According to you she must be overplaying too, and she has 2 grand slams, oh yeah she must feel real stupid now.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Sam L said:
Also Amelie has 14 tournaments, where are her results? Where are her grand slams? Has she over played too? :rolleyes:

:) Sweetie, I really think you "missed" the point...Zoom right over your head....!!!! :D :D

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Sam L said:
Also Amelie has 14 tournaments, where are her results? Where are her grand slams? Has she over played too? :rolleyes:

In fact, I KNOW YOU MISSED THE POINT...!!!

·
Chionophile
40,070 Posts
persond said:
:) Sweetie, I really think you "missed" the point...Zoom right over your head....!!!! :D :D
Oh shit, ballbuster actually had a point? I thought it was just the usual pointless hate drivel that he spews out in regards to Williams' rivals. :rolleyes:

Honeychild, I know you're alluding to the point of this thread, I haven't missed it, I just don't think it's a big deal right now.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Sam L said:
Oh shit, ballbuster actually had a point? I thought it was just the usual pointless hate drivel that he spews out in regards to Williams' rivals. :rolleyes:

Honeychild, I know you're alluding to the point of this thread, I haven't missed it, I just don't think it's a big deal right now.

Of course, you wouldn't...I rest my case...!!! :angel: :angel:

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
persond said:
Of course, you wouldn't...I rest my case...!!! :angel: :angel:
:worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
No, I hope not.
Because the Belgians won't dominate the Tour when the Williams come back.
There won't be the same level of domination (either from the Belgians or the Williams) as the last year domination of the Williams.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Sam L said:

:worship:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts