Tennis Forum banner

Who will you support now?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just curious to know:p so I made categories, and you just have to elaborate and post precisions on how you see your life as a tennis fan now :cool:

Poll is public, multiple choice allowed and poll open for 2 weeks :D

And oops I forgot one category: My real life can start again :rolls:

·
45,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok I'll start off then:
My life as a tennis fan isn't stopping at all (going to RG at the end of this week :woohoo: ) and I'm a big Amélie fan, so I'll definitely cheer for her all the way now :cool: :worship:

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm jumping the Caro-bandwagon :p
besides Jankovic, I don't really have many non-Belgian favs...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Tennis will never be the same without Kim, but I'll keep on cheering! :D

My faves are Amélie, Hingis, Chakvetadze and Danish Caroline Wozniacki. :cool:

·
3,777 Posts
And oops I forgot one category: My real life can start again :rolls:
I would have chosen that one! :lol:
I still love tennis and love watching tennis but no more getting up at 4am for me from now on ;)

btw, when do you go to Roland Garros Yas? I'm going the first Friday! :bounce:

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
I will end my studies at uni in a month, starting my new job in september, so it's the perfect timing to stop that tennis addiction ;)

Anyway, I already felt that I was less and less involved in tennis after Kim won the US Open. I felt like I had fulfilled my duties as a Kim fan.

Otherwise, I'll keep on visiting the board, watching tennis when I see it, going once in a while to a tournament and visit the 4 Grand Slam if I have the opportunity to do so.

Beside that, my new "fave" is Jelena Jankovic.

·
45,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have chosen that one! :lol:
I still love tennis and love watching tennis but no more getting up at 4am for me from now on ;)

btw, when do you go to Roland Garros Yas? I'm going the first Friday! :bounce:
:lol:
I've done that for Amélie as much as for Kim, quite a few times recently (AO particularly, they were playing on different nights, I was up every single night, I could say i was nearly relieved when one of them lost, I thought I'ld finally sleep again :lol: :tape: ).
I am going the first sunday and monday so I suppose we'll miss each other :sad:

·
45,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Axel how does that work, you have other faves you'll keep cheering but you won't follow tennis much anymore :scratch: have I missed something :lol:

·
Registered
970 Posts
I thought about this "problem" too!!! ;) I'll definitelly cheer for the Romanian tennis players because they are pretty good :yeah: and , I had the oportunity of meeting some of them.
The 4th option in the poll is really interesting :lol:

·
45,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:hehehe: I'm surprised noone has opened a thread about Basketball yet actually :haha:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Give me a new fave!lol:lol:

·
Registered
718 Posts
None of the options. I’ll keep on following tennis, only I won’t have to get nervous any more ;)
:hehehe: I'm surprised noone has opened a thread about Basketball yet actually :haha:
Why should we open a new one? We already have the ’live scores’ thread :devil:

·
45,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
of course it was, and that's what it should be Moonlight:)
and I suppose you're option one since you'll still follow tennis. A shame my superpowers don't allow me to slightly edit the poll :eek:

·
3,777 Posts
:lol:
I've done that for Amélie as much as for Kim, quite a few times recently (AO particularly, they were playing on different nights, I was up every single night, I could say i was nearly relieved when one of them lost, I thought I'ld finally sleep again :lol: :tape: ).
I am going the first sunday and monday so I suppose we'll miss each other :sad:
:lol: I got up this year during the AO for Kim's second or 3rd round at 3 or 4 am, watch the second set,(about half an hour) went back to sleep to get up at 7 and take an exam at 9 and pass! :tape: glad my dad never found out about that one ;) :angel:
I was already fearing for RG and Wimbly if Kim still played, cause we have two weeks to study for final exams starting next week (the two weeks of RG that is) then three weeks of exams (and yes, you got it, the first week of Wimbly was that third week)! gosh I suffered last year not being able to watch some of those matches! :lol:

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Axel how does that work, you have other faves you'll keep cheering but you won't follow tennis much anymore :scratch: have I missed something :lol:
Yeah, I mean, I'll still come on the board to see the results and the comments,... But I don't think that I will have the time to watch the matches on tv, so that's not really following a player :p

My past top-3 fave players are all inactive. It was Kim, Lindsay and Jelena Doklic...

So yeah, not Jelena J. seems nice to watch, otherwise, I'll keep an eye on our little Tammy ;)

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I will cheer for Sharapova, Serena, Kuzzie and Amélie but it won't be with the same intensity and emotion as I have been cheering Kim.
Thanks god there is the rivalry between Federer and Nadal at the men's side, which I find very exciting.

I will continue to watch and play tennis because I absolutely love the sport. However, I think it will be less intense as it has been during the Kim years. But that's probably good for my heart because some matches were real thrillers. I think I'll start searching for DVDs with some of her matches and treat myself from time to time on one full day of "watching Kim".

·
Registered
15,460 Posts
Kim's best friend Caroline Maes :worship:

I'll also keep supporting Justine Henin on the WTA tour and Yanina Wickmayer, Tamaryn Hendler and Kirsten Flipkens in the smaller tournaments.

Other players I like to watch are Jankovic, Serena and Venus :cool:

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
I'm following it a lot less now
and since Bree is in the final
I voted the basketballoption :p

1 - 20 of 53 Posts