Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hope they can contain it.

BBC News

A mysterious viral pneumonia that has infected dozens in central China is not Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars), health chiefs have said.
They also discounted bird flu and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, and said investigations were continuing.
A total of 59 cases have been reported in the city of Wuhan, seven of which are considered critical.
The outbreak prompted Singapore and Hong Kong to bring in screening processes for travellers from the city.
An epidemic of the potentially deadly, flu-like Sars virus killed more than 700 people around the world in 2002-03, after originating in China.
In a statement posted on its website late on Sunday, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission said 163 people who had had contact with those infected had been placed under medical observation. It said efforts were continuing to identify the virus and its source.
The commission said previously that there had been no human-to-human transmission of the illness. It added that a number of those infected worked at a seafood market in the city, leading authorities to sanitise the area.

Singapore and Hong Kong have both set up systems to check travellers arriving from Wuhan for possible fever.
Hong Kong has admitted 16 travellers with pneumonia-like symptoms to hospital, the South China Morning Post reported, but none have so far been found to have the unidentified strain. Singapore has had one suspicious case, it added.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has said it is aware of the outbreak and is in contact with the Chinese government.
"There are many potential causes of viral pneumonia, many of which are more common than severe acute respiratory syndrome coronovirus," a spokesman said last week. "WHO is closely monitoring this event and will share more details as we have them."

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There have been several cases outside China now and at least 17 people have died. Wuhan is now effectively sealed as all public transport in and out of the city has been suspended. The Chinese authorities are clerly taking this very seriously.

·
Registered
48,371 Posts
There have been several cases outside China now and at least 17 people have died. Wuhan is now effectively sealed as all public transport in and out of the city has been suspended. The Chinese authorities are clerly taking this very seriously.
This has been rumour for during December or November, they definitely couldn’t contain, that’s why ask for help now as usual Chinese people need “faces”

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
I was shocked when Admins from my workplace left me the message to remind my students of this new coronaviral virus... People better take care of their hygiene.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
This is like the movie "Contagion" in real life.

A virus that might come from a bat. How surprising, Chinese eat everything with 4 legs that isnt a chair and everything with wings that isnt a plane. And now the world might have a problem.

·
Premium Member
37,866 Posts
This is like the movie "Contagion" in real life.

A virus that might come from a bat. How surprising, Chinese eat everything with 4 legs that isnt a chair and everything with wings that isnt a plane. And now the world might have a problem.
The more I read your posts, the more I'm amazed by your idiocy.

·
Registered
76,280 Posts
There's been a confirmed case in Melbourne and they are currently treating the patient only a couple of suburbs away from where I live :confused::oops:

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
The more I read your posts, the more I'm amazed by your idiocy.
Actually I am doing them for you. Like I am stalking you.

Where is the idiocy here? Just another illness transferred from animal to human by eating them. Exactly like so called bushmeat in another continent that may not be named in order not to start the suspiscion of racism. HIV, Ebola and so on....

So actually, I wonder who is the idiot for not seeing it. Certainly not me.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Where is the idiocy here? Just another illness transferred from animal to human by eating them. Exactly like so called bushmeat in another continent that may not be named in order not to start the suspiscion of racism. HIV, Ebola and so on....
If your examples are meant make Asia and Africa look inferior, please don't forget that Western beef production in the 1990's created mad cow disease by recycling dead animals as food for cattle, which then lead to Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease among humans

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
If your examples are meant make Asia and Africa look inferior, please don't forget that Western beef production in the 1990's created mad cow disease by recycling dead animals as food for kettle, which then lead to Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease among humans

They are not meant to make Asia and Africa "inferior" - those regions by their eating habits are responsible for several Animal2Human diseases which have killed a lot of ppl.

Creutzfeld-Jakob has been around beofre mad cow disease and once their connection has been confirmed, many cows have been killed and their use forbidden. That's how Europe reacts. In the other regions, eating those animals responsible is still a daily routine. It doesnt help shutting Wuhan off. Cutting culinary uses of bats, snakes and whatsoever will do.

·
Premium Member
37,866 Posts
Actually I am doing them for you. Like I am stalking you.

So actually, I wonder who is the idiot for not seeing it. Certainly not me.
Your narrative is always of the same kind. Thanks for the xenophobic nausea. Yes, I'm definitely on the other side of humanity.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Your narrative is always of the same kind. Thanks for the xenophobic nausea. Yes, I'm definitely on the other side of humanity.
And that's good, cos one day the other side of humanity - the good one, the European left and green one - will beat science. I am sure about that. And than you can't only feel good about being on the correct side of humanity, but also for having beaten biology. So stay where you are and have patience.

·
Registered
18,360 Posts
There's been a confirmed case in Melbourne and they are currently treating the patient only a couple of suburbs away from where I live :confused::oops:
They have just confirmed the first "presumptive" case in Toronto... make of that what you will.

·
Premium Member
37,866 Posts
And that's good, cos one day the other side of humanity - the good one, the European left and green one - will beat science. I am sure about that. And than you can't only feel good about being on the correct side of humanity, but also for having beaten biology. So stay where you are and have patience.
Nah, the good side of humanity is on the opposite side of your disgusting xenophobia. That's the good side of humanity.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
At least we only have the one confirmed case :oops:😕

As at 26 Jan:
A Chinese man in his 50s was Australia's first confirmed case of the deadly infection, after arriving in Melbourne on a flight from Guangzhou on January 19.

Eighteen people have been tested for coronavirus in NSW, 10 in Queensland, four in South Australia and one in Tasmania.

The death toll in China has reached 41, with more than 1300 cases confirmed.
Source: Coronavirus spreads across Australia amid scramble to find more cases

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
A young girl coming from China with flu symptoms coughed on a friend of a friend. They are both in quarantine now near Vancouver

1 - 20 of 109 Posts