Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked Nina's game, you could see she was nervous in moments but she ahs a good grass court game and a bit of a Tennis brain on her with good movement. It's nice when the crowd enjoys a relatively unknown player's tennis and gets behind them. Vekic didn't play too badly considering she is returning from injury.

·
Registered
34,845 Posts
Poor Donna has been pretty terrible since the tour resumed.

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Poor Donna has been pretty terrible since the tour resumed.
Vecic didn't at all play badly here. A few trademark unforced errors when trying to go big, but credit Stojanovic whose got more game than her ranking suggests.

Stojanovic has good anticipation, very good movement, quite quick, decent power and technically sound. Her advantage side serves were much more consistent than her deuce side ones, but she can knock a few aces down or set up difficult returns. Certainly she has a good game for grass, which is fantastic given this was her first grass tournament and she came in with some injury niggles. If she finds/keeps confidence and gets decent draws, I can see her ranking going up in grass season.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
^^but if she wins it all, she gets the olympic spot.
I assume Italy would propose Giorgi for being on good terms now.

·
Registered
34,845 Posts
Vecic didn't at all play badly here. A few trademark unforced errors when trying to go big, but credit Stojanovic whose got more game than her ranking suggests.

Stojanovic has good anticipation, very good movement, quite quick, decent power and technically sound. Her advantage side serves were much more consistent than her deuce side ones, but she can knock a few aces down or set up difficult returns. Certainly she has a good game for grass, which is fantastic given this was her first grass tournament and she came in with some injury niggles. If she finds/keeps confidence and gets decent draws, I can see her ranking going up in grass season.
My comment was more general than about this specific match, but thanks for the detailed explanation and I'm glad to hear if Donna played decently.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Vekic will be fine, she’ll eventually find her rhythm again.
I agree.
I don't see this as some worrying loss.
Nina is very good underrated player who can play really well when she is not missing too much.
On bad days she can unfortunately lose to anybody.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts