*Top Alts were (but many of them withdrew) :

#1. Caregaro
#2. Y-F. Xu
#3. Ninomiya
#4. Moore
#5. Dunne
#6. N. Kichenok
#7. Ferrando

*but I'm not gonna go there, as many withdrawals could have occured.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Re: Nottingham MD List

Niculescu back in Nottingham :hearts:

·
Registered
31,055 Posts

Yeah very doubtful Vika will actually play :tape::lol:.

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This is a MM yeah?
Yes.

Yeah very doubtful Vika will actually play :tape::lol:.
It will not look pretty withdrawing from so many MMs for which she initially made an agreement to play....

Might play and give a W/O like in Acapulco afterwards. Or who knows, maybe she wants to win it :eek:h: .

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I think Robson said she had one more SR to use in the first week of the grass season?
Nope.

1. USO '15 Singles
2. USO '15 Doubles (used singles SR)
3. Indian Wells
4. Stuttgart Q
5. Rabat
6. Madrid
7. Rome Q
8. Roland Garros

She'll probably get at least a QWC anyway.

·
Registered
11,900 Posts

Nope.

1. USO '15 Singles
2. USO '15 Doubles (used singles SR)
3. Indian Wells
4. Stuttgart Q
5. Rabat
6. Madrid
7. Rome Q
8. Roland Garros

She'll probably get at least a QWC anyway.
Wait, what?? I thought the singles and doubles SR were completely separate. :confused:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts

Brilliant list :cheer:

Can't wait to go!

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Wait, what?? I thought the singles and doubles SR were completely separate. :confused:
I mentioned "used singles SR" . I thought it was clear from the first time :shrug: .

In Grand Slams you can use your singles ranking or SR to play and Robson used her singles SR to play with Flipkens there at the USO, otherwise they wouldn't have made it. So, of course, it counts as a singles SR use. If she would have used her Doubles SR, they wouldn't have made the list.

·
Registered
11,900 Posts

I mentioned "used singles SR" . I thought it was clear from the first time :shrug: .

In Grand Slams you can use your singles ranking or SR to play and Robson used her singles SR to play with Flipkens there at the USO, otherwise they wouldn't have made it. So, of course, it counts as a singles SR use. If she would have used her Doubles SR, they wouldn't have made the list.
Yes, I know you said "used singles SR" but I did not know you could use a singles SR to enter a doubles draw. But that does make sense because her doubles SR is probably like 90 something, so with Flipkens low rankings at the time they probably wouldn't have made the draw.

I just had no clue she had used her singles SR, I assumed she had used her doubles SR at the time, and had never seen it mentioned anywhere before, so was surprised(wait what?? Is often used for surprise, not misunderstanding). Also, it is correct that Laura said herself in an interview that she would be able to use her SR for a tournament in the grass season. I guess she had been misinformed. :lol:

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

^ It also depends when was that interview. But even so, they surely figured it out afterwards, cause otherwise:

"ii. Tracking Tournament Usage

It is the player’s responsibility to track the number of tournaments in which she uses her Special Ranking. If she exceeds
the limits set forth in this Section, a player will forfeit any ranking points earned at WTA Tournaments and Grand Slams in which a Special Ranking was used." :eek:h:

·
Registered
11,900 Posts

^ It also depends when was that interview. But even so, they surely figured it out afterwards, cause otherwise:

"ii. Tracking Tournament Usage

It is the player’s responsibility to track the number of tournaments in which she uses her Special Ranking. If she exceeds
the limits set forth in this Section, a player will forfeit any ranking points earned at WTA Tournaments and Grand Slams in which a Special Ranking was used." :eek:h:
Well the interview was posted in March..

Robson, now ranked 551, has a protected ranking until just before Wimbledon and plans to play as many top-level events as she can. “I’d kind of be an idiot not to use all of them before then,” she said. “As much as I’d like to get more matches in at qualifying level and things like that, it would be a waste not to use them so I plan to play virtually all the clay-court season and Paris [the French Open] and I think I’ll still have one left for the first week of the grass.”
Yeah, she did say "I think." :lol: Maybe she decided to use it for Rabat instead, as she is pretty much guaranteed WC for any British events, within the yearly limit OFC.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts

I think Robson still has a SR...

As Laura used her SR to play Wimbledon doubles as well, and from the rule-book:

A player may use her Singles Special Ranking to enter Doubles and/or Mixed Doubles at a Grand Slam, which will count as one (1) Doubles Grand Slam Special Ranking. If the player only has a singles special ranking but no doubles special ranking, she can still enter Doubles and/or Mixed Doubles at two (2) Grand Slams using her Singles Special Ranking, which will not count toward her two (2) allowed Singles Special Rankings at a Grand Slam.
It seems that using singles SR to enter doubles doesn't count.

A stupid question though, can she use it for Birmingham? I think she could... (as the rulebook says :The latest a player may use her singles and/or doubles Special Ranking is at a Tournament scheduled the same calendar week in which the Special Ranking expires.) Maybe she's leaving the SR for that? but yeah it's UK tournaments anyways so she could ask for a WC anytime...

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I think Robson still has a SR...

As Laura used her SR to play Wimbledon doubles as well, and from the rule-book:

It seems that using singles SR to enter doubles doesn't count.

A stupid question though, can she use it for Birmingham? I think she could... (as the rulebook says :The latest a player may use her singles and/or doubles Special Ranking is at a Tournament scheduled the same calendar week in which the Special Ranking expires.) Maybe she's leaving the SR for that? but yeah it's UK tournaments anyways so she could ask for a WC anytime...
LOL. Didn't bother checking more . That rule seems kinda unfair to me though.

Anyway, yes, seems she still has 1 SR which she could use in the 2nd week of RG or in the 2nd week of grass mini-season (aka Birmingham / Mallorca)

P.S : She got "only" a QWC in Eastbourne 2015 so maybe she knows something. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts