Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
44,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a surprising win as Caro never looked comfortable in Set 1 and Donna started so strong.
But just like in her last matches Caro began serving better and that helped her Tennis off the ground a lot! :yeah: Huge mental boost after the disappointment in Paris. :)

Donna :hug: Heartbroken for her. :sad: She loves to play here and was so sad after the defeat.

·
Registered
87,388 Posts
High class final with a stupid loss from Donna.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Clutch Caro made a return for the first time this year.

That match was a great battle, shame there had to be a loser.

Fine margins but it all came down to the serve in the end, Caro was clutch, Donna's serving cost her.

·
Registered
34,191 Posts
There may be hope for our Caro G yet. :hearts: Some killer points in that last set. All in all, a very high quality match, more bang for the buck than any match at Roland Garros, well done, ladies! :worship:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Well, the one week Garcia's father isn't there to help her and she wins her first title of the year after taking two matches in one day....

Fun match, with some really aggressive hitting throughout. Donna's serve got progressively less powerful throughout, and Caroline's got better and better. Garcia's netgame and backhand have been on fire all week. She needs to come forward more! :worship:

Feel bad for Donna but it was her own shaky mentality that lost her this match (against Caro who isn't exactly the strongest in that department either). That OCC "Finals are not for me, i'm going to lose again" really tells you the full story. :sad:

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Like both players, prefer Donna, but just pleased it was a good final to end a nightmare week and not one rain interruption in the near 3 hours.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
So happy for Garcia :cheer: This has to be a massive psychological boost after the dual disappointments of Strasbourg and Paris.

I like Donna's tennis a lot but she seems so immature

1 - 20 of 61 Posts