Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
10,983 Posts

·
Registered
10,983 Posts
Now this is a point where EU has to work hand in hand to get this rebuilt. This is all of our heritage. I hope the 2 bell towers won't collapse.

·
Premium Member
39,335 Posts
A piece of History is partly destroyed so far. :[

They're saving some pieces of art from inside, it must be a Hell in there.

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
It breaks my heart to see such a beauty destroyed

Pls save it and stop the fire its important for the world

·
Registered
10,983 Posts
A piece of History is partly destroyed so far. :[

They're saving some pieces of art from inside, it must be a Hell in there.
With the spire directly having collapsed over the altar, I don't think there is much to be saved. And though I am a staunch opponent of EU, I believe that all of our countries have to stand together to rebuild it. It's not just a Parisian or French landmark, it's a European one. Culturally and historically.

#JeSuisAvecParisEtLa France.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the spire directly having collapsed over the altar, I don't think there is much to be saved. And though I am a staunch opponent of EU, I believe that all of our countries have to stand together to rebuild it. It's not just a Parisian or French landmark, it's a European one. Culturally and historically.

#JeSuisAvecParisEtLa France.
It is still not confirmed whether the vaultings have collapsed or not. I guess there would be some info if they did. So there is still chance the interior will survive without huge destruction (apart from getting soaked in water I suppose).
It really is an unimaginable loss though.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Absolutely horrific! My heart skipped a beat when I saw the news. All that history being destroyed, it's just... :sad:

Even rebuild it can't be original anymore.

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,574 Posts
If the bell towers survive maybe they'll find enough money to rebuild it. Obviously the entire interior & 800 years of history is gone. The renovation crew will be shipped to fuckin' Mars if this will be blamed on them (very possible).

1 - 20 of 176 Posts