Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got ya there

But seriously, watch match just made you say, "I can play better than this!"

I'm talking about the absolute worst quality youve ever seen, in where there are sooo many unforced errors its rediculous.

I ddint see it, but at the French last year, Clijsters made 108 UE in one of her matches

thats just one example

Unfortunately, most of the matches I've seen were pretty O.K so I need other peoples input

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
AO 2003 Kournikova vs. HEnin ;)

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
The one that springs to mind of the last few months was Kim vs. Justine at Chase last year. Although I admit I didn't watch all of it as I physically couldn't bear it.

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Widjaja def. Kournikova 63 60 2002 US Open 1st RD

Hingis def. Venus 61 61 2001 Aussie Open SF -- Venus made about 50 UFE in 14 games :eek:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tennisIlove09 said:
Widjaja def. Kournikova 63 60 2002 US Open 1st RD

Hingis def. Venus 61 61 2001 Aussie Open SF -- Venus made about 50 UFE in 14 games :eek:
i think it was 38 but still

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Hingis l. Monica 6.0 6.0
I felt so sorry for Monica... she was obviously in so much pain from her foot that she couldn't even move to most of Martina's shots. She really should have not even played to begin with.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Actually that Venus-Martina match wasn't that bad - sure Venus played badly but Martina did play well it's not like the quality was appauling on both sides.

·
26,903 Posts
On WTA level, Nancy Loeffler-Caro vs. Karen Fodera is cetainly a strong favourite. ;)

From the matches I have seen, I always mention Dechy vs. Stevenson, Canadian Open 2000. Absolutely terrible, not a single decent point and tons of errors of the worst kind. :eek:
Also Henin vs. Dementieva at last year's Chase Champs. Both looked tired and as if they would like to be everywhere else, but not on that tennis-court. :eek:
What Anna K. played against Widjaja in the 2nd set is certainly the worst performance I have ever seen.

There are many more shockers, though.

·
35,539 Posts
GoDominique said:
On WTA level, Nancy Loeffler-Caro vs. Karen Fodera is cetainly a strong favourite. ;)

From the matches I have seen, I always mention Dechy vs. Stevenson, Canadian Open 2000. Absolutely terrible, not a single decent point and tons of errors of the worst kind. :eek:
Also Henin vs. Dementieva at last year's Chase Champs. Both looked tired and as if they would like to be everywhere else, but not on that tennis-court. :eek:
What Anna K. played against Widjaja in the 2nd set is certainly the worst performance I have ever seen.

There are many more shockers, though.

LOL!!! The Fodera Loeffer Caro match really is the ugliest match I have ever saw!!! NBot only I could have beaten them, but half of the crowd too!!!

·
35,539 Posts
YUP!!! I was a ballboy for this match actually!!! I felt like those two should have been ballboying us lol!

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I can't believe no one has said Venus def. Clijsters 6-3 6-1 2002 US Open. Together they hit around 10 winners and 70 UEs. UGLY!

Others:

Seles def. Hingis 6-4 6-2 US Open 2002
If Hingis is making over 40 unforced errors, God help us. She rarely goes above 20. And this was not Monica's best either.

Venus def. Dementieva 5-7 6-3 6-2 Miami 2002
I remember Mary Jo saying after the first set basically that Dementieva just won a set playing her absolute worst. And this is true.

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
o0O0o said:
I can't believe no one has said Venus def. Clijsters 6-3 6-1 2002 US Open. Together they hit around 10 winners and 70 UEs. UGLY!

Others:

Seles def. Hingis 6-4 6-2 US Open 2002
If Hingis is making over 40 unforced errors, God help us. She rarely goes above 20. And this was not Monica's best either.

Venus def. Dementieva 5-7 6-3 6-2 Miami 2002
I remember Mary Jo saying after the first set basically that Dementieva just won a set playing her absolute worst. And this is true.
Venus had many UFE against Kim. Her winner/error ratio was about 20/40...she had way more then 10 winners. I have the match :)

·
25,362 Posts
4 that come to mind---

Anca Barna vs. Serena-1st round US Open a year or so back. How Serena lost a set to no backhand to speak of Barna is beyond me.

Kimiko Date vs. Gabriela Sabatini-1994 Lipton in Miami. A choke-off of the first order. Errors everywhere. Gaby may have hit a fan or two with a flying ball. It was that bad.

Evert vs. Goolagong, Wimbledon semi of 1979. Normally a great match, this was like watching a traffic disaster. When I later learned BOTH women had menstrual cramps it came as no big surprise :rolleyes:

Kournikova vs. some Japanese girl at the Aussie Open. A billion double faults from Anna. One serve hit and bounced on Anna's side. What was so pathetic was the other girl still couldn't win.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts