Tennis Forum banner

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
It is funny what a change 3 years made. Or was it two years? Gauff falling to Boa in the final, and now Noa struggling in small junior events and Gauff already being wta regular

·
Registered
11,164 Posts
Won last week's J4 in Slovenia without losing a set (and no more than 4 games in any set) :)

This week she's playing the J2 in Hungary. Good luck!

·
Registered
407 Posts
It is funny what a change 3 years made. Or was it two years? Gauff falling to Boa in the final, and now Noa struggling in small junior events and Gauff already being wta regular
Can't say I am surprised. This was said three years ago and still stands...

Those technically deficient strokes on all sides might have been OK to overpower and crash twelveyearolds, but hardly a proper game for top juniors level and the tour. Only relying on physical strength and on early forced development will not help out there
As an aside, I believe both Fruhvirtovas are at risk of repeating Noa's path, for the same reason

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Noa seems to have gone down a similar path to Holly Fischer. A few years ago, them two, along with Dasha Lopatetska, seemed head and shoulders above the other 2003 girls. Obviously Dasha continued to have success until injuring herself this spring.
I'm not sure I agree about the Fruhvirtovas. Linda has already surpassed Noa by a considerable margin, and Brenda, from the little bits I've seen, seems to have pretty fluid strokes.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Noa is 14th seedl in J1 tournament in Porto Alegre this week and so far playing well.
R1: bye
R2: def. Luciana Moyano 6-3 7-5
R3: def. (8) Lauren Anzalotta Kynoch ranked 81, 6-4 7-5
QF: lost to Clarine Lerby ranked 295, 6-1 5-7 5-7

Shame for this loss, it was great opportunity for many points.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
This week Noa plays another GA tournament in Brazil in Criciúma which is a bit stronger and she is unseeded this time.
R1: vs (9) Beatrice Ricci ranked 92

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Well, for what it's worth, she's getting very close: she's at a CHR #115 this week.
Very close only by number.
She needs wins in stronger tournaments to achieve it and it is difficult.
Had great opportunity in Porto Alegre but lost very close match in QF.

·
Registered
11,164 Posts
New CHR for Noa this week: #112. She's one spot away from being the #2-ranked Croatian junior:

• 73. Wurth
  • 111. Ruzic
  • 112. Krznaric
  • 124. Marcinko

321 - 335 of 335 Posts