Tennis Forum banner

281 - 300 of 335 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,104 Posts
Noa got dragged 3 & 2 by Veronika Pepelyaeva in R1 of G2 Budaors Cup in Hungary this week... Love Nika but this really is a bad loss for Noa :unsure:

And she's withdrawn from next week's Hungarian G2 :( :shrug:

·
Premium Member
65,104 Posts
In U-12 cathegory Noa was beating this years junior US Open finalist Cori Gauff :sobbing:

Since then only one kept developing...
Cori straightsetted Noa a couple months later at Les Petits As though... But yeah, this year Cori has made a yuge leap up whereas Noa has pretty much stagnated :-/

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Cori straightsetted Noa a couple months later at Les Petits As though... But yeah, this year Cori has made a yuge leap up whereas Noa has pretty much stagnated :-/
Just stagnated?
It seems she just did not develop at all since then.
I don't think she is promising young player anymore.

·
Premium Member
65,104 Posts
Just stagnated?
It seems she just did not develop at all since then.
I don't think she is promising young player anymore.
I agree, but I didn't want to be too rude and be labelled as a "hater". :SNE: :lol:

Tbh, I've never believed Noa was the best 2003 girl even when she was the one with the highest ITF ranking. She just happened to be the only one to have started to play them. But it seems that Mouratoglou's hype machine has got to her and he really managed to make her believe she was the next real deal before she actually proved it with any significant win. It doesn't seem that she's been working very hard on her game, which is kinda worrying. Maybe resting on her laurels? That's not something that really works in tennis, especially at that age. She should flee from tha academy and find a legit one, Mouratoglou is a bit of a scam artist. :shrug:

2003-born Selekhmeteva won a G2 in Czech Rep this week, Lopatetskaya is doing great as well. Noa needs to wake up and work hard.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Stop it, please.

Yes, Noa's performance this year is disappointing. But how can we tell that "she is not a promising player anymore" appealing to half-a-season crisys only? Any player can have such problems, especially if we speak about juniors...

Noa is (and always was) a hard-working person. AFAIK, she usually has 3 practice session per day, and works every session 100% devoted.

BTW, she does not practice in Muratoglou academy. She practices in several Zagreb clubs - at least, during this summer. May be, they connected in some financial way - but not with everyday, routine tennis training.

To my opinion, Noa's problem is very simple. She can't play tennis, and she is not strong enough to rely on "clear power" only.

She is an excellent baseline player, very stable & aggressive, but that's basically all. On U12, U14 level it was enough for big wins... but not on ITF Grade 2 & higher levels. Unfortunately, her team keep training her in U12-U14 way, trying to make better things which are already good... but not enough for constant wins on higher competition levels.

But she is still a promising player. And she has enough time to improve, if her team improves as well.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Stop it, please.

Yes, Noa's performance this year is disappointing. But how can we tell that "she is not a promising player anymore" appealing to half-a-season crisys only? Any player can have such problems, especially if we speak about juniors...
There is your definition of promising players and everyone else's definition.
I think everyone figured that out already by now. :lol:

·
Premium Member
65,104 Posts
Stop it, please.

Puh-lease. You've been the Debbie Downer of this thread, typing page after page that Noa can't play tennis, and now when we're stating she hasn't improved and questioning her training structure, we need to stop? :spit:

Of course Noa still is promising, but: 1/ she never really was the most promising 2003-born European girl; 2/ it's getting more and more appearant. :shrug:

Noa is (and always was) a hard-working person. AFAIK, she usually has 3 practice session per day, and works every session 100% devoted.
Ok. But it's all about quality over quantity, especially at that age...

BTW, she does not practice in Muratoglou academy. She practices in several Zagreb clubs - at least, during this summer. May be, they connected in some financial way - but not with everyday, routine tennis training.
If you say so... She did seem to spend a lot of time at Mouratoglou's, especially last year, though.

To my opinion, Noa's problem is very simple. She can't play tennis, and she is not strong enough to rely on "clear power" only.
I disagree.

She is an excellent baseline player, very stable & aggressive, but that's basically all. On U12, U14 level it was enough for big wins... but not on ITF Grade 2 & higher levels. Unfortunately, her team keep training her in U12-U14 way, trying to make better things which are already good... but not enough for constant wins on higher competition levels.
I disagree. If anything, her main problem is that her baseline game is not stable enough because her technique is not reliable enough, it tends to break down and to be all over the place.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Puh-lease. You've been the Debbie Downer of this thread, typing page after page that Noa can't play tennis, and now when we're stating she hasn't improved and questioning her training structure, we need to stop?

Of course Noa still is promising, but: 1/ she never really was the most promising 2003-born European girl; 2/ it's getting more and more appearant.

I agree with both statements.

But I would like to remind that "she is not a promising player anymore" can be both painful and simply wrong. In this age you do not need to be "a most promising player of the world", better to avoid all this, as it makes additional pressure on the player.

As for me - I just want to stay unbiased, that's it. I never said that Noa is NOT promising. My idea was that in her case PR went first, real achievements (on ITF Juniors Grade 2 and higher) went second. Now you see that I was right :).

But I am not (and never was) her hater. Again - just unbiased.

I disagree. If anything, her main problem is that her baseline game is not stable enough because her technique is not reliable enough, it tends to break down and to be all over the place.

If you made your conclusion based on her performance during last couple of months - better don't as it was a complete disaster. But even this year she has a win over Top-100 Player (Sleeth) and 3-set lost to Top-50 player (Sato).

When she is in normal stance (not these days), her baseline game is extremely good. She is very stable, she is fast, she enters the court, she is brave enough to attack almost all the time when her opponent gives her a shorter or slower ball.

But she does not know what to do with slices or topspins; she does not play on the net - at all. She can't return with a block or a semi-block, so she is really weak against good-first-serving opponents. She does not have a good kick on second serve - so she can't rely on her service games at all (as her first serve is OK, but not her specila strength). And she knows nothing about even basics of tennis tactics.

In the beginning of this year, when she was OK, her game was extremely predictable. So older, more experienced girls had no problems to find a solution for Noa.

·
Registered
11,164 Posts
Noa eked out a win yesterday :sobbing:

She beat world #457, but barely :sobbing:

It was R1 of the G3 in Italy. Score was 46 75 64 :help:

R2 is against the #1 seed, Dzik (#110 in the world). Please don't get double-bageled, Noa :scared:

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Noa eked out a win yesterday :sobbing:

She beat world #457, but barely :sobbing:

It was R1 of the G3 in Italy. Score was 46 75 64 :help:

R2 is against the #1 seed, Dzik (#110 in the world). Please don't get double-bageled, Noa :scared:
Dzik alias Divlja Svinja in croatian :eek:h: lost 1r in Warsaw where Noa was in 2r to some very bad player so she is not that good. Most polish players are flops like Radwanska sisters, Kania, Piter, Maciejewska. Just Linette and Fręch and Świątek are not :ras:

AND YOU ARE ALL HATERS! YOU HATE HER CAUSE SHE REMINDS YOU OF ALISON VAN UYTVANCK!

AND @Not_me is the worst! HE FOLLOWS HER ON INSTAGRAM, LIKES EVERY PICTURE AND IS CHEERING FOR NOA AND HE IS ALWAYS FOLLOWING HER ON LIVE SCORES.

·
Registered
11,164 Posts
Noa is playing the G4 in Bosnia this week and the G4 in Croatia next week. That seems like the right tournament level for her right now

·
Registered
169 Posts
She has Borodulina in R2 and then Yasar next.

Borodulina can easily overhit Noa. Yasar may overplay her. So I'll be really surprised if Noa reaches semifinal of this G4...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lost to Borodulina 6-7(4) 5-7...

Borodulina is not a bad player. She won over Anda Karanusic in Tucepi $15k this year.

At the same time she has an ugly record vs. our juniors. This year Borodulina lost to Sipek (2-6 1-6), Oliynykova (2-6 0-6), Kilic (2-6 5-7) and even Katarina Zuzul (3-6 6-1 3-6, for Katarina it is THE ONLY win in her ITF Juniors record).

Sad to see a crysis of this deep with Noa...

·
Registered
169 Posts
It seems that Noa is finally "back on earth". She recently lost in 1/8 of Orange Bowl U14, her current junior ranking is around 600... Something goes wrong, isn't it?

It would be smart for Noa to go a couple of floors lower & concentrate on lower-grade ITF Juniors events and, may be, Croatian tournaments in U16-U18 ages.

But I think it is going to be very hard for a person who used to manage "big Croatian hope".

She also needs to change a coach (if my info is correct, she is coached by her father) as her current development is a road to nowhere.

·
Registered
11,164 Posts
This week, Noa is playing the G4 in Bosnia. She hadn't entered, so she got a WC into qualies. She won QR1 and QR2 against scrubs (QR1 was 60 60).

She's seeded #7 in the MD. In R1 she got her revenge against Borodulina, 60 75 (Noa had lost to her last September).

Her career is back on track :cheer: :banana: :drive:

:eek:h:

281 - 300 of 335 Posts