·
Registered
8,570 Posts
rennae/cara :woohoo:

·
Registered
366 Posts
whua ... not again ...

... one more year to go then ... cheer up, still they are THE doubles team of past 24 months.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They'll do it next year but it'll be tough because they are not the aggressive type of doubles team so they need to get a little more aggressive to win Wimby..

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,233 Posts
Gosh, first Serena and now this? :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
386 Posts
And to think Rennae Stubbs has been dropped from the Fed Cup team.... for what reason?? I wonder....

It's not like there are to many better female Australian doubles players at the moment.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Well

It'll be nice to see one of these new teams win.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Kudos to Rennae and Cara :yeah: I wanted them to win this... but my faves to win the whole thing are Liezel and Ai :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

I was there watching it and suffering live! It was a good match, Cara and Rennae definitely deserved to win, Vivi and Paola played well, the best they had played all tournament ,and did not lose the match, though they had their chances and could have won it, they probably would have beaten most other teams in the draw today. Vivi hasn't been playing very well in doubles this Wimbledon and was struggling to hold her serve throughout the match. Cara and Rennae played very solidly and kept very calm the whole way through the match. It was anyone's match right up until 4-4 in the final set, when Vivi seemed to get a bit tight and ost serve easily, after that the momentum was all with Cara and Rennae.

I'm happy for Cara and Rennae, but sad I don't get to see Vivi & Paola in the final this year, and that they've missed their opportunity to break Martina & Pam's record for reaching the most consecutive GS finals. I hope Cara and Rennae win tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Some of it was on TV

Rennae and Cara played well and deserved the win. They were more attacking pair. Cara in particular is red-hot in doubles this Wimbledon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts