Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love that there be no Belgians or Williams in the final at the French Open.I think it would be a more enjoyable final for everyone concerned.And we wouldnt have to put up with all the blah blah blah from the fans of these players,also to the fans of these players would be so much more relaxed and enjoy the final so much many more cuz there wouldnt be so much at stake for them and they wouldnt lose so much sleep knowing their fave couldnt get beated. :) Say a final between Amelie Mauresmo and Jelena Dokic. :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
i say the two people who play hard and who deserve to be in the final will be there and everyone should try and enjoy the final no matter who's there!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
AllyBakerFanClub said:
I think it would be a more enjoyable final for everyone concerned.
So Williams fans and fans of the Belgians aren't concerned? LOL.
....and they wouldnt lose so much sleep knowing their fave couldnt get beated.
Why oh why is there a limit on signatures now? The Hall of fame would be so huge at this point. LOL.

P.S. - What cheeky said.

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Only 2 times a belgian has been in the final, and people are already tired of it, sigh.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Mauresmo and Capriati final would be nice :)

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Rhythmboy said:
Mauresmo and Capriati final would be nice :)
If no Belgian, I would like that too.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
It would be hilarious with all the hype that surrounds them.

Of course, the hype is well deserved so I don't see it happening.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
That would be great. And the network carrying the final on television would just love it.
Even better for the ratings would be for Serena, Venus, Kim and Justine to all lose in the first round.

Television would love it. :devil:

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
belgian lady good very at the moemnts--not much competitions--upcoming stars could help for not domination--maybe not

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Are you implying Amelie and Jelena have no fans?
Pehaps we should have the number 127 and 128 th ranked players in the draw as they have no fans?
Be careful what you wish for though or God will send you a Conchita/Amanda final which will end 2 hours after the TV coverage.
On the basic point, though, why would we not want to see 2 Belgians or a Belgian and a Williams sister - they produce the goods and the outcome is not inevitable either way. Unless Patty is on fire and decides to get herself a GS trophy (or Amelie is hypnotised into winner mode), I can't think of anything more watchable at present.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
selesfan87 said:
I would like a Capriati, Clijsters final to be honest (thats if its possible with the draw!)
They are on the same side, sorry.

I would actually love to see Amelie in the final, she deserves it. But that means a sister would have to lose. :eek:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I thought about that possibility. No Williams or Belgians in the finals. it's not that impossible. 3 out of those 4 only reached it once ...

If Serena or Venus lose before the finals than I hope they will lose to a non top10 player. That's all! With Amelie wininng the title!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts