Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anna Kournikova will not play at Roland Garros, I just saw it on a Dutch and Belgium Sportpage... :sad: :sad:

I think that she is still injured...

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
anna!!! :mad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
TeeRexx said:
Thread answer:
Thank god. :)
seriously teerexx, if you are happy that a player withdrew because of an injury you have problems...i dislike alot of players but at least i feel for them when they are injured and cant play :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Im happy Anna withdrew, in the hope she can get some proper rest.

Anna has had a problem since about 2001 where when she gets injured she rushes back.

Anna really has not been 100% fit since Febuary, and it can be seen in her results amoungst other things.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
even with injury free she wouldn't come far

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
I do not believe that Anna withdrew because of a debilitating injury, but for fear of being eliminated in a first round match after being over hyped, as usual, by the media.

That lack of success on the Challengers circuit may have taken a lot of steam out of Anna.

I do not want Anna to not play because she is injured, but i would rather not see her attempt to play at this time because it seems as if she has lost the desire and focus in her game and is just going through the motions to satisfy her endorsement contracts.

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
:rolleyes: Tee...we all know you dislike Anna very much...trying to cover your tracks isn't gonna work! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
That's what you should have said in the first place, Tee.

And that leg injury has hampered Anna for 2 months. Resting up for the grass court season is a wise move by Anna. And it gives her leg time to fully heal. Grass is her best surface. Hopefully Anna can play some good tennis during the grass court season and start to rebuild her game and confidence.

The truth is Anna is at the lowest point of her career. :( Can she get it together and push the top 20 again? I hope she can. I think making the top 10 again is now a long shot for Anna. But I still think she can make the top 20 again.

Udachi Anna! :D

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I don't think Anna is as good for tennis as some of the other posters here have suggested. I think it's not a good thing for the sport if you have people tuning in not to watch the sport, but to was {insert name of player; Kournikova in this case} play.

We're seeing the same sort of thing happen in Germany, where everybody wanted to see Graf and Huber play; now that those two are retired, look at what's happened to the Hamburg and Berlin events.

Look at this as an opportunity to promote *tennis* not Anna-the-player-who-makes-young-men-wank.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
wise decision anna.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
In all honesty Roland Garros never meant jack ass shit when it came to improving her game.

Wise move Anna. Rest your leg and conintue to play challengers and qualifying matches. YOU NEED TO RE-LEARN HOW TO PLAY PRESSURE POINTS AND PRESSURE GAMES. That is what makes a tennis tourney winner. Playing Roland Garros didn't mean a thing to her game. She needs match play and match toughness and CONFIDENCE.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
inky - I do not dislike Anna. She was my #3 fave at one time, but she seemed to have lost interest in playing tennis and just wanted to make dough promoting herself and products.

I hope that her injury heals and that she plays once again, but unless she puts forth a better effort than she has done in recent years, then it may be better for her to injury retire out as Hingis did and work on her film career.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I never really liked Anna...but I'm starting to feel bad for her with her chronic injuries and lack of success on the tour. To me, it seems like she is working hard in practice, hence some of the "practice injuries" (from what I HEAR).

I do hope that she will finally win that one tour title that has eluded her for so long. Get well and good luck Anna. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts