Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sam L said:
That's what I said last year too, except by the time I said it, Serena was holding up the trophy already. :lol:
Momo/Venus was exciting along with Momo/Cappy, Venus/Chanda, Momo/Cllijsters. I know there are some I am forgetting here also.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Even if Venus and Serena are not here, it appears that some other players: chanda, Ameile, Jelena did not use this opportunity to advance further.
I can't believe Ameile did not give up a fight against kim. I guess when she plays a WS, she is more motivated.

·
Registered
869 Posts
well, once again the top 4 players (Amélie had to play a higher seed) and everybody's pre-tournament favourites advance to the semi's easily... hasn't the women's Tour become a litle bit too predictable :confused: ? The only player to crash the highest seeds Slam party this year was Petrova :eek: !

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
i am really becoming a fan of mens tennis. never thought it would happen.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Totally....the quarters were a cake walk. No one even threatened the top 4. :rolleyes:

With the W/S here there would have been at least 2 exciting quarterfinals.

The men's quarterfinals will be 200% more entertaing I'll bet.

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,878 Posts
It was really unfortunate that two women with very little big match experience had to go through 3 days of agonizing wait for their R16 matches to complete while their much more experienced opponents were relaxing. Both Schiavone and especially Myskina looked completely mentally burnt out by the time of QFs.

·
Registered
151,758 Posts
~\/enus~ said:
Totally....the quarters were a cake walk. No one even threatened the top 4. :rolleyes:

With the W/S here there would have been at least 2 exciting quarterfinals.

The men's quarterfinals will be 200% more entertaing I'll bet.
uhh sure... so if it were Serena/Venus vs Schiavone in the QF that would have been such an exciting match! not :rolleyes:

·
Banned
177 Posts
gweeny said:
Even if Venus and Serena are not here, it appears that some other players: chanda, Ameile, Jelena did not use this opportunity to advance further.
I can't believe Ameile did not give up a fight against kim. I guess when she plays a WS, she is more motivated.
Bingo. When everyone plays a Williams sister they are more motivated. Ameile should keep her big mouth shut when she thinks about talking crap about the sisters and their GS finals. That article that was posted a couple of days ago was so true. What the writer said about Ameile talking crap about people telling her they are tired of the sisters meeting in finals; yet she had the greatest opportunity at the US open and could not capitalize on it. When the sisters start meeting again in finals I would like to hear her sorry ass story. Whimp.

·
Chionophile
40,190 Posts
alleycat said:
Bingo. When everyone plays a Williams sister they are more motivated. Ameile should keep her big mouth shut when she thinks about talking crap about the sisters and their GS finals. That article that was posted a couple of days ago was so true. What the writer said about Ameile talking crap about people telling her they are tired of the sisters meeting in finals; yet she had the greatest opportunity at the US open and could not capitalize on it. When the sisters start meeting again in finals I would like to hear her sorry ass story. Whimp.
Oh yes, you really showed Amelie didn't you? You must feel pretty big right now.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
1,895 Posts
tommyk75 said:
You're forgetting Mary P vs Jelena. That was great drama, and it was so cool to see Mary pull it out after all that she's been through :)
Have to agree on that one! That was such a see-saw match it was untrue!

And there have been others too, have you actually watched any matches Knizzle?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Myskina was pathetic in her match...brilliant shot making...followed by junior quality play...and so on...she didnt even know how to use the crowd to her advantage...they were desperately trying to cheer her on...Both her and Henin are insecure...they both looked over at their camps everytime they made a mistake...

·
Registered
518 Posts
gweeny said:
???
:eek:

What a bullshit

Ps. Maybe you forgotten the RG quartefinal this year?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.